On with the reading stats for October.
According to Goodreads, I've read 182 of the 220 books goal for the year. September made up 15 of those. I got behind for lots of reasons it seems this month. And at the moment I'm writing this, I am behind by one book!
Here is a list of books I read in October, and I'll link to my review if I've finished it:
- Dating-ish by Penny Reid
- The Good Luck Girls by Charlotte Nicole Davis
- Beard with Me by Penny Reid
- Baking Me Crazy by Karla Sorensen
- Call Me, Maybe by Stephie Chaman
- Happily Ever Ninja by Penny Reid
- A Lie for a Lie by Helena Hunting
- The Burning Shadow by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Weight Expectations by M.E. Carter
- The Second Me Met by Maya Hughes
- Happy Trail by Daisy Prescott
- Kiss Me Again by Emma Hart
- The Book Worm Crush by Lisa Brown Roberts
- #Heart by Cambria Hebert
- Love in Due Time by L.B. Dunbar
Another stat I want to talk about is books that I don't finish. I'm up to 15 for the year, one in October.
My number of posts in October was back up again, I had 48, four more than in September, and still is way over my goal of only one post per day. I have got to quit signing up for tours! I'm doing a lot better about quickly scanning tour group emails for any books that either I know I want to read, or else making sure I don't have anything already scheduled. Of those 48 posts, 15 were reviews. I've been good with my weekly posts I want to keep up with too. My rating was the same as last month, 4.8 stars! I guess that's what I get when I give up on books I'm not enjoying instead of fighting my way through ones I'm not enjoying. It also means I guess, that I'm picking the right books to review, since pretty much all of them were review books.
Okay, on with my challenges.
So once again in preparation for NaNoWriMo, I participated in the Blog Ahead Challenged hosted by Herding Cats and Burning Soup. I am pleased to say that I was successful! As of the beginning of this month, I had 30 pre-made posts ready to go. Now a few will need some changes as the day they actually get posted arrives, like adding a Rafflecopter, or a few were review posts that I didn't have the review done, just now have the post ready to fill in once I finish the books.
1. Once again I kept up with my Looking Forward To posts, on Wednesdays as much as possible to tie in with the Can't Wait Wednesday posts.
I'm still working on visiting other blogs and commenting as much as I am posting on my own blog, but I still haven't been keeping track of it in my calendar where I was trying to do that. Don't know if that'll ever get going again.
Been doing well on cleaning up my Goodreads TBR with my weekly post and giveaway (except that I keep adding new to Goodreads), as well as even my physical TBR a little. I think I now have two people occasionally joining in, and you should feel free to join in as well. Here are the posts for that:
2. My Reading Goals are coming along with the Goodreads challenge as I mentioned above.
No new discussions this month. Again.
And.... I still need some kind of button for the First in the Series Challenge, although once again, didn't do any from my list!
Looking forward to in October:
Okay, so here is my proposed TBR based on my blog tours and review requests for this month:
- The Guinevere Deception by Kiersten White - I am reading this as I wrote this post, so hoping I have it finished and a review posted!
- Sick Kids in Love by Hannah Moskowitz - Got the cool ARC package from the author and publisher and hope to get it finished this weekend as well!
- Every Stolen Breath by Kimberly Gabriel - Supposed to be doing a review tour and posting on the 5th
- Stud Muffin by Jiffy Kate - reading and should be posting a review either on the 5th or 6th.
- Rock Fck Club #4 by Michelle Mankin - reading and should be postin ga review on the 7th I believe.
- Song of the Crimson Flower by Julie C. Dao - won ARC from Bookish First I think, need to hopefully read and review maybe on the 10th?
- Prose Before Bros by Cathy Yardley - Part of a blog tour I think, posting on the 11th
- No Whisk No Reward by Ellie Kay - Part of a blog tour posting on the 13th
- Rock Fck Club #5 by Michelle Mankin - posting review as part of a tour I think on the 14th?
- Breakup Boot Camp by Beth Merlin - part of a blog tour posting on the 19th
- Outmatched by Kristen Callihan and Samantha Young - part of a tour posting on the 20th
- My Bare Lady by Piper Sheldon - part of a tour posting on the 21st
- Blindsided by Amy Daws - part of a tour, posting review on the 23rd
- It's Not PMS, It's You by Rick Amooi - part of a blog tour posting on the 25th
- The Lineup by Meghan Quinn - part of a tour posting on the 27th
- The Tenth Girl by Sara Faring - I have the ARC of this one, hoped to have it read last month, but since I didn't, hoping to read this month
- Michigan Vs. The Boys by Carrie S. Allen - I did not get this ARC read last month as planned, so maybe this month?
- Salvaged by Madeleine Roux - I have an ARC of this and am behind on reading!
- The Memory Thief by Lauren Mansy - I meant to get this ARC read last month, but didn't
- The Beautiful by Renee Ahdieh - Started this last month, but haven't finished yet
- The Locker Room by Meghan Quinn - I've already read this one, but am listening the audiobook so will probably post that review sometime soon for a tour.
With another crazy month, I'm skipping the Best of the Bunch thing again and just going ahead and wrapping up this post. Hope everyone had a great October, and here's to an even better November! I was glad for finally getting fall weather, but it lasted like two weeks and then we got snow in the last week of October, and I was NOT ready for that.
How was your October?
How was your October?