Sunday, November 3, 2013

Sunday Post #2 and Stacking the Shelves - November 3rd, 2013


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted  @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme.  I've got some stuff I really want to share from last week and next week, so thought I'd try this meme again.

Last Week On My Blog:

This Week On My Blog:
  • Reviews of The Department of Alterations and The Rain is a Lie novellas by Gennifer Albin
  • Recap of Fierce Reads event that takes place Tuesday night
  • Waiting on Wednesday
  • Review of The Living by Matt de la Pena
  • Feature and Follow Friday
  • Stacking the Shelves

Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.  It is a way for us to share the new books we have collected.  Didn't think I'd have much this week, but turned out I still got a few!

Won in the Authors are Rockstars Blog Hop:





Now, actually, I only won the first title, Arclight.  This blog hop took place back in August though, and it was October, and I hadn't received it, so I emailed the blogger who had featured this author on their stop, Kelly at Another Novel Read.  She had actually already sent my information on to the author, who was supposed to be shipping the book out, and within a week the book was here!  And imagine my surprise when that same day I received another package, the newest book by the author.  I don't know if it was a mistake, or if I got it as consolation for getting the book so late, but it was a great surprise!

Received from Publisher:


If you'll remember, I did a review of this e-galley a few weeks ago.  The publishers emailed me after I sent them my review, and asked if I'd like a copy of the book.  Of course I said yes!  I'm still a bit disappointed that there weren't more pictures, but it was nice to have some in the final book.

E-books Purchased:






Both of these were kind of surprise purchases.  Perfect Ruin is one I've been waiting on for a long time.  And it just happened to have the e-book go on sale for $1.99 over the weekend, so I had to buy it!  The 2nd one is an e-novella I found out from the author's Facebook as part of a contest she was having for people who purchased it, so of course I had to buy it!

So that is my week in review, as well as a look at what is coming up, how was your past week?  And are you excited for this upcoming week?