Saturday, November 9, 2013

Stacking the Shelves - November 9th, 2013


Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.  It is a way for us to share the new books we have collected. This week I started getting some of those books I won finally, as well as I bought a couple that were for my Fierce Reads Birthday Contest Winners.  First let me begin with a recap of the Fierce Reads Event last Tuesday night.

Books Purchased:








The first one, Altered (Crewel #2) by Gennifer Albin was the book I chose to get with my paid ticket to the Fierce Reads Event.  The second one, Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo, I bought for one of my Fierce Reads Giveaway winners.  The third one, Outpost (Razorland #2) by Ann Aguirre, I bought for myself to get autographed.  I haven't read any of this series, but I do have the first one as an e-book that I got for a great deal.  So I wanted to have all the authors give an autograph, so this was how I got hers.  The other books I got autographed that night were once I'd received as part of my Fierce Reads Events package.  


I also got a copy of a sneak peek to the sequel to Jessica Brody's book Unremembered, which will be called Unforgotten.



Here is a picture of the four Fierce Reads authors during the interview at the event.  From left to right, Gennifer Albin, Jessica Brody, Leigh Bardugo, and Ann Aguirre.


And it just seemed it would be easier to have my picture taken with all of the authors together than with each one, in the name of saving time, so I'm in the back, and the authors are in the same order as the picture above.

E-galleys from Edelweiss:










The first, Tease by Amanda Maciel, sounds like a really good story about bullying.  Really current with actual events that are taking place today.  The second, The Taking by Kimberly Derting, sounds like a fun alien story.  The third, Hungry by H.A. Swain, is a dystopian where people no longer eat, they take pills/vitamins for that.  I'm very intrigued by that, as a friend and I were just talking about how we would be ready for that, thinking it would sure help in trying to lose weight.  The fourth, Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman, looks like a really good book about a girl whose family is friends with Hitler, and how she comes to be friends with a Jewish reporter and wonders about her whole life.

Won in Giveaways:





I won The Fury by Alexander Gordon Smith from Ina at Ina's Bookish Corner.  I believe it was part of the Authors are Rockstars tour in August.  The 2nd picture is not only a book that I won, but a bunch of great swag!  It was Insomnia by J.R. Johansson, and I won it from Alexandra at the Sleeps on Tables blog.  I got a copy of the book, a little backpack, some bookmarks, and a bottle of "pills" to help keep me awake!  (The pills were yummy Skittles,  my favorite candy!)  I was really excited when I won this contest because it was a book I'd requested as an e-galley, but it expired before I could read it.

So what did you get this week?  And if you're going to be reading any Novellas this month, go join my November is for Novellas Challenge.