Sunday, March 9, 2014

Stacking the Shelves - March 9th, 2014


Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.  It is a way for us to share the new books we have collected.  I think I've remember all of them this week. I feel like I might be missing an egalley or two.

YA Book Exchange:


I received an ARC of the first book in this series quite a while back. But as usual, I didn't get the ARC to the sequel, didn't even see it as an e-galley to try to download. So when I saw an ARC of this available on the YA Book Exchange, I jumped on the chance to get it.

Purchased:










The first one I actually bought last Sunday, after I'd already done my post for last week, and have already read and reviewed HERE.  The 2nd one, The Blood Gospel, is a book I'd started a few weeks ago.  I had a stripped cover copy from the bookstore. Well, I got about half way through, and got to a point where there were some chapters turned upside down.  And they were the chapters I'd just read, and 4 chapters were missing.  So I ordered another mass market copy into the store, because it was getting good and I needed to finish it.  But when I went in to purchase my order that had arrived last night, I found the hardcover of the book on the bargain display, and purchased that instead because it was cheaper than the mass market.  The 3rd one, Odd Apocalypse, is a the next book in the series by Dean Koontz that I need to read.  My mom had tried to pick a copy up at Costco a while back, but made a mistake and got the one before it, which we already had.  I found this hardcover also on the bargain display.  And finally, the last book is the 2nd in a series, that I still haven't read the first one.  But, again, the hardcover was on the bargain table for cheaper than the paperback would be, plus my employee discount, so I couldn't pass it by.

E-galleys from Edelweiss:


Found this one, and although I haven't read this author before, it sounded pretty good!

E-galleys from Netgalley:




The first one I downloaded after an email from Netgalley saying it was available to download.  I've only read one book by this author, but this one sounds more up my alley.  The 2nd one is by an author that I've also only read one book by, but she is a local author, and that book was really good.  And this one is about tornadoes, something we deal with quite often in the spring where I live.  So I was pleased to be approved for that one.

So, quite a few things added to my shelf this week, mostly my e-reader shelf though.  What new things did you get this week?