I've been out of the classroom and in the library as a high school librarian for the past 5 years. Before I got the job, I was teaching in Missouri, and attended several Missouri Association of School Librarian conferences, that were really great. This year I'm going to attend the American Library Association Annual Convention, which is taking place in New Orleans! Now, I've wanted to go to ALA for a long time. I know that it's not just librarians who go, a lot of bloggers go as well. But now, well I'm going as a librarian and a blogger. I'm hoping to get a lot of good library resources, but have a feeling that all the author signings might draw me away from those actual sessions. We'll see how it goes. The reason I decided to go this year, is that it is taking place in New Orleans and I have a place to stay thanks to one of my friends from college. Plus, it's NOLA! If you haven't been, you totally should go at least once in your life. And not just for the drinking and partying. No, there is such great history and so many sights to see. The first time I went, I got to go on a swamp tour, a plantation tour, and also did the tour of the cemetery where Voodoo queen Marie Laveau is. While I know my days will be packed full with conference stuff, I look forward to peaceful evenings. Hopefully one night will be dinner with a former colleague. Another night hopefully dinner with my friend who is letting me stay in his place. The other nights I'll probably wander the town, or relax in my room, maybe get some writing done.
So, you should be prepared for maybe some impromptu posts from the convention. If you're not following me on Twitter or Instagram, or even Facebook, I'll probably share stuff there as well, so go follow me. Lisa Loves Literature on Facebook, buffywnabe on Twitter and Instagram.
Some other happenings on my blog. Well, first let's talk about my horrible progress on my Goodreads Reading Challenge. I already dropped it down 5 books, back to what last year's goal was. However, I'm still 16 books behind. Not sure exactly why I'm not doing as well as last year. But that's okay. I'm still reading a lot of good books I think!
Instead of just doing a specific to last week list of posts, instead I think I'll leave you some links to some of my reviews I've done since my last Sunday post that I think you should check out, if you haven't yet, or maybe just some other fun posts.
- Drumline by Stacy Kestwick
- Broken Beautiful Hearts by Kami Garcia
- The Ex Lottery by Kim Sanders
- Combust (Every Day Heroes #2) by K. Bromberg
- Cake by Carmen Jenner
- Two Wedding Crashers (Dating by Numbers #2) by Meghan Quinn
- Now a Major Motion Picture by Cori McCarthy
- Release Blitz with Review: Social Media Viral Sensation - Wait With Me by Amy Daws
- Discussion Post: Book Blogger Woes
I'd do a Stacking the Shelves as part of this post, but that would be a ton of books as well. Here are a couple cool ARCs I did get lately:
- Almost Jamie by Gina Robinson
- A Prom to Remember by Sandy Hall
- Three 5-star Adult Contemporary Romance Reviews
- Bittersweet by Carmen Jenner and Lauren K. McKellar
- After by Anna Todd Movie Casting News
- Bad Romeo (Star-Crossed #1) by Leisa Rayven
- Brave (A Wicked Trilogy #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Aftermath by Kelley Armstrong
- Neanderthal Opens the Door to the Universe by Preston Norton
And that doesn't include stuff I've bought for myself.Anyway, I've got most of my posts scheduled to go up even while I'm out of town, so while I will be posting, just know I may not get back to replying to comments immediately. Although, honestly, I'm a bit behind lately because I'm no longer getting email notifications when I get new comments. Need to figure that out I guess.Hope you had a great week, and that you have a good one coming up!