Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Top 10 Tuesday: Ten Books I Loved During My First Year of Blogging


Top Ten Tuesday is sponsored by The Broke and The Bookish.
 
So it's been a while both since I last posted a TTT as well as since my first year blogging.  If you have been hanging out with me for a while, you saw my 8th Blogoversary celebration last month.  So I had to go back and look through those posts to come up with 10 books.  Now, my blog started in August of 2009, so I looked from those reviews clear till my August of 2010 reviews.  Below, in no particular order, are the books that stood out to me a lot, so much that I still recommend them or else they are ones that I feel need some more recognition.  I've linked each book to my review.  And man, oh man, try not to make too much fun of my early reviews during my first year as a blogger.

1.




I still love this whole series now that it is finished.  It was the first time I really took the time to think about slavery in our country that was not almost specifically in relationship to the Civil War.  You can read my review HERE.

2.



And thus began my love of this series as well.  I believe the year after this is when I began reading it with my students and teaching them about different things to do with plot, characters, etc.  You can read my review HERE.

3.



A great story with a really sneaky twist at the end!  You can read my review HERE.

4.



This is one of my all time favorite series.  It was funny to realize that as I looked through my books during this time, it actually came out a little bit before I think Under the Dome by Stephen King came out.  The two are very similar, but I like this series better than King's book.  You can read my review HERE.

5.



Even if I only gave this specific book 3 stars, I really liked the ones further on in the series, so I picked this as one of my top ten from the year because it led to a unique series of books I enjoy.  You can read my review HERE.

6.



Again, I read this one shortly after it was published, I actually was lucky enough to get an advanced reader copy of it. And I loved it. The second one was also good, the rest in the series I didn't enjoy quite as much.  You can read my review HERE.

7.



This book was at a time when I was reading a lot of chick lit, as well as memoirs related to dating or else weight loss.  You can read my review HERE.

8.



This was the first Robin Wasserman book I read, and it is one of my favorite all time books.  I don't feel like it got as much attention as it should have.  Check out my review HERE.

9.



This was another memoir that I loved.  I used to watch the tv show when I was a kid, although I never actually read the books. By the time I found them, I was so far advanced in my reading level, that they were just too basic for me to enjoy. But this was a fun read!  You can check out my review HERE.

10.



Another series that I don't feel got enough attention, yet I loved both of the books.  Check out my review HERE.

Do you remember reading any of these?  What are some of the first books you reviewed on your blog?

22 comments:

  1. I really love this topic for the week. I don't know how many books I actually reviewed my first year! LOL

    -Lauren
    www.letsgetbeyondtolerance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just went back to my first year posts and looked. :-) It was fun! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I still need to finish The Maze Runner series. I've only read books 1 & 2 but really enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. The first two books are my favorite, the others in the series weren't quite as good for me. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. This topic is so much fun! I actually own The Eternal Ones but haven't read it yet. I adore The Hunger Games series so much! Fantastic list; happy reading!

    Here's my Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved The Eternal Ones and its sequel, you should pick it up when you get a chance. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Great list! I loved the Hunger Games too!

    Here’s my TTT!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that was probably a big one for a lot of people. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. So much love for The Hunger Games series. I think it is time to re-read it.

    Happy readings!
    Tânia @MyLovelySecret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the first two books so much, not the third though, but that made me like the movies from the last book better. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. The Maze Runner was one of the first books I read for my blog!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/09/12/top-ten-tuesday-124/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I wonder how many of us had that as one of the first to review. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  7. I have Confessions of a Prairie Bitch on my TBR! I loved The Hunger Games and really want to try Found. My daughter got obsessed with that author and read everything she ever wrote but I haven't managed it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Confessions of a Prairie Bitch is hilarious! You should pick it up soon. I loved the Found books, but am a few behind. I do love Haddix. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. I absolutely remember reading Hunger Games for the first time. I was in college, and despite the fact that I had zero time for leisure reading, I still went out and bought the next two books in the series because I *had* to know what was going to happen. I love that you get to use these books to teach your students about plot and characters.
    - girlaboutlibrary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I read The Hunger Games, the last two books weren't out yet, so I had to wait. :-) But it was mostly worth it! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  9. 😂 Omg! I haven't read not even one of theses! omg I'm horrible!!!That is right, not even the Hunger Games. I don't know why, it never appealed to me. I did see the movies tho 😛
    Awesome post Lisa
    Happy reading ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never read the Hunger Games? Gasp? :-0 That's okay, we all have our own tastes, right? Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. I've read The Hunger Games! :) I really enjoyed it, too! I DNF'd The Maze Runner, though. I started reading it after I saw the movie, which blew me away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved The Maze Runner, but I read it before the movie. I can see why the book wouldn't be as great after you saw the movie, although I still think it was better overall. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  11. I loved, loved, loved The Hunger Games too! Although I was late to the game and just read it a little over a year ago. :) And I still need to read The Maze Runner. I've had that book for-ev-er. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the rest of the series as much as the first book, that's always a bummer when that happens. Great list!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely pick up The Maze Runner when you get a chance. I really did like it. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I love to get comments and I read them all! If you leave a link in your comment, I just might visit you back.