Friday, September 22, 2017

Six Adult Romance E-book Mini-Reviews

I've got six to share. Three of them are actually very short novellas that an author sent me to read and review, and they were so short I got through them all very quickly. 

Imperfect Love:  Unsupervised (Imperfect Love Universe) by Cora Kenborn:
Published:  June 4th, 2017
Source:  Ebook from author for honest review
My rating:  4 stars

This is my first book by the author that wasn't a rock star romance, and it was not a disappointment.  It was a cute story, sweet, and a very quick read.  I had trouble putting it down when I wasn't reading it, and so I zoomed right through it.

Here is the synopsis from Goodreads:
Niall 

I have twenty-eight days to find the perfect wife… 

On paper, it seems like I need a life coach, but I’ve managed to get a decent grip on the single-dad thing. As a sought-after photographer with a sexy Irish accent, I have no problem attracting women. Especially crazy ones who can’t take no for an answer. But now, I’m backed in a corner, and both mine and my daughter’s futures are being threatened. 
The plan is simple: find a fake fiancĂ©e, introduce her at my company’s gala, and save my job. A chance meeting with a tall, leggy blonde who looks like she could use a night out is the perfect solution. Beautiful, sane, and she has a kid? We have a winner. 
The relationship is a ruse, but I didn’t count on her being unforgettable. A lie brought us together, but now I have no intention of letting her go. 

Laken 

I can’t buy my way onto Madison Avenue… 

I didn’t bust my ass in college to be a nanny. Unfortunately, a 4.0 GPA and sucking up did nothing to secure me a coveted Tate & Cane internship. I’m not proud of being a nanny-for-hire to get my foot in the door, but my wealthy employer has connections, so I do what I need to—until one outrageous proposal changes everything. 
In one afternoon, I find myself fake engaged with a fake new family. I’m not a liar, but he assumes the kid is mine. I should set the record straight. There’s only one problem. My new “fiancĂ©” is a photographer for Tate & Cane. He’s my “in.” 
If I can hold on to this charade long enough, I can get the job and the man of my dreams. I’m winging this completely unsupervised. Game on.


Wine Tasting Series by London Michelle:
Source:  Received from author for honest review

Sweet Summer Wine:
Published:  May 8th, 2017  
My rating:  2 stars

This first one is very short, as I was told it would be. The story itself is not bad. But I had a few issues with it. First, I feel like the way the girl talks about having sex seems a little mature for that age. And I can't tell for sure if she is supposed to be a virgin before, if not, then maybe we need more detail about that. If so, it makes this first time not seem exactly like you'd think. I do have the next two, and am interested enough to read on and see if it develops any better the further it goes. My thought is that maybe all three together would make up one book probably.

Here is the synopsis from Goodreads:
Giselle is forced to end her summer visiting her father and his new wife for two weeks. She's at odds with him over the one guy that makes her feel alive, Ryker, her step-mother's nephew. She must choose whether she's willing to go against her father's wishes to experience what could possibly be the love of her life, or will she obey her father and give Ryker up forever. 

Giselle and Ryker must decide if they're feelings are worth pursuing in this sexy, summer series.


Simply Bittersweet:
Published:  May 20th, 2017
My rating:  2 stars

Maybe 2 and a half stars. It was a little better than the first one, we got some more background. But it is still kind of stilted in the way the story goes. It is only the 2nd day that she knows him and she remarks that it was the first time he'd used a pet name with her. Some of the romance is extremely instal-love, too fast. Also some of the words used for the sexual bits are a little cringe/giggle-worthy. Again, pretty short, although a little longer than the first one.

Here is the synopsis from Goodreads:
Giselle and Ryker can't seem to get enough of each other and risk so much to keep their intimacy a secret. When her step-mother starts trouble at the family picking party, Giselle wishes she was anywhere but there. 

Ryker tries to be there for her, but is Giselle willing to take the chance of losing what relationship she has left with her father for the man that could be her only salvation? 


Early Harvest:
Published:  June 29th, 2017
My rating:  2 stars

Again, the story isn't bad. But, there are little bits where it says, "lately he'd been" or something like that. And it's only been like 3 or 4 days. Plus, it is hard to feel like Giselle should really want to keep her relationship with her father, because honestly she doesn't seem to have much of one with him. There have been a few of the editing errors I tend to see in self-published books, but not anymore than what would be expected, or anything that terrible. I will say I'm not a big fan of using the word cave over and over for the female body part. Just a preference probably. Thanks to the author for letting me quickly read these three stories. This isn't the end, there is still going to be at least one more because it is left at a cliffhanger, and then there is a short excerpt from the next book at the end.  I don't think I'll be going on with the series however.

Here is the synopsis from Goodreads:

Giselle and Ryker's relationship continues in this fast paced erotica. 

Giselle must decide if she's ready to cut ties with her father over a man that could possibly be her soul mate. But first, she should find out if her feelings are even reciprocated. Is she merely the early harvest before the prime picking or is she the one thing that Ryker desires more than anything else in this world.


Seduction and Snacks (Chocolate Lovers #1) by Tara Sivec:
Published:  June 11th, 2012
Source:  Purchased Kindle copy
My rating:  5 stars

I bought this because it was one of the pages in my Love Between the Lines coloring book, and I like to read the books before I color the pages, in case it gives me ideas on what colors to use and what certain things in the picture are.  I'll show you my finished page at the end of the review for this book.

But anyway, let me tell you that while I have trouble paying for ebooks more than 99 cents or so, the price of this was $3.99 and it was worth every penny!  In fact it was so good I immediately ordered a physical copy of the book as well.  I LOVED this!  I laughed at so many parts and I can't wait to read on in the rest of this series, as well as to read other books by this author.  I pretty much feel like I hadn't laughed at a book in a long time as hard as I laughed at this book.  It was so funny.  Her little boy almost stole the story so many times. But then just the sex scenes and the funny self-deprecating thoughts and comments both of the main characters had were perfect.  This book is a must read!

Here is the synopsis from Goodreads:
Claire is a twenty-something, single mom that grudgingly helps her best friend sell sex toys while she attempts to make enough money to start her own business to give her foul-mouthed, but extremely loveable (when he's asleep) toddler a better life. 

When Carter, the one-night-stand from her past that changed her life forever, shows up in her hometown bar without any recollection of her besides her unique chocolate scent, Claire will make it a point that he remembers her this time. 

With Carter's undisguised shock at suddenly finding out he has a four-year-old son and Claire's panic that her stretch marks and slim to none bedroom experience will send the man of her dreams heading for the hills, the pair will do whatever they can to get their happily ever after.







Room for You (Cranberry Inn #1) by Beth Ehemann:
Published:  October 22nd, 2013
Source:  Purchased Kindle copy
My rating:  4.5 stars

This is another one I had to buy as I was getting ready to color another page in the coloring book.  I'm not quite done with that page, but I'll show you what I have so far at the end of this one.  It was a pretty cute read, although I did get a little irritated with the main character for how cautious she was.  But fortunately her family and friends knew better than she needed to take the chance.  And I really liked Brody.  About halfway through she finally got accused of something that I was sure would have happened earlier by his friends or family, but it didn't happen and all of them were pretty cool with her as well.  At least his real friends and family were.  I also got irritated a bit with some of her self doubt, especially the 2nd time she let the same person cause it.  It ends with a bit of a twist, and I'll need to go on to see where that will go next.

Here is the synopsis from Goodreads:

Four years ago, my dreams were shattered in an instant.

I tried to pick up the pieces and glue them back together the best I knew how, but something was always missing.

A father for my two girls.

But then, Brody Murphy landed on my doorstep, literally. He was a carefree, playful hockey player who barged into my life and messed with my head. He left me more confused than I had ever been.

What if the one thing I thought I needed was the only thing holding me back?






Roadie (Rock-Hard Beautiful #2) by C.M. Stunich:
PublishedMay 8th, 2017
Source:  Purchased Kindle copy
My rating:  4 stars

I didn't actually like this one quite as much as the first one, but it still was pretty good.  I liked how the relationships between all of the worked.  For the most part the sex scenes were all pretty good, although a few were a bit more than are what I enjoy reading, but not enough to keep me from reading.  And it definitely left it so that I'm going to need to get the next book. The first one was so good I did go ahead and buy this one for a higher price than I normally do for ebooks, $3.99, and I'll probably end up getting the third one for a similar price if necessary.  You can read my review of book one, Groupie, HERE.

Here is the synopsis from Goodreads:
Lilith and her five rockstars are back. 
Paxton is the leader, covered in tattoos, and cocky as hell. 
Michael is the bad boy determined to change his ways. 
Ransom is the scarred one, dark and beautiful. 
Muse is the practical one, the enigma with a silver mohawk. 
Copeland is the boy next door with a penchant for reading romance novels. 

Together, these six twisted souls make up one beautiful whole.

Roadie is a new adult rockstar romance and a reverse harem novel (one girl who falls in love with--and gets with--five guys).