Starting with the new challenge I'm hosting this year. Unfortunately I didn't really do much towards what I'd planned. If I change the guidelines like I've said I would, for people to even just try new to them authors, then I can say I got more done this month. Really, there is only one that fits the original series guidelines HERE.
- Taking Chances by Molly McAdams
- If I count a new author towards this, then I have finally read a book by Wendy Higgins, and love it, The Great Hunt.
HERE. But the one that I did do was on my original sign up list. I just finished it today, won't have the review up for a week or so though, so I'll link it to the Goodreads info.
- Broken Trust by Michelle Sodaro
This month I gave feedback on five books, bringing my Feedback ratio up to 70%. My goal was to try to get back up the 80% ratio, or at least get a total of 10 done for the year, as I listed on the original post HERE. So I am at least at 7 of the 10. Three of the books I actually read, and the other two are ones that I couldn't finish, so I went ahead and left that as the feedback. Here are the 5 books:
- Firstlife by Gena Showalter
- Stone Field by Christy Lenzi
- Tell the Wind and Fire by Sarah Rees Brennan
- Once Upon a Dream by Liz Braswell
- Hot Pterodactyl Boyfriend by Alan Cumyn
Well, let's go through what I did this month, you can check out the original post HERE.
- I'm still doing really well with not downloading tons of e-galleys. It helps to just write them down in my calendar, and then I don't go to download them until it is closer to the time of publishing/when I'll be reading them. I'm also trying to make sure I read the Netgalley ones first if I can, so I can work on the challenge I talked about above.
- I still ended up posting almost every day again. But I am trying hard to not sign up for tours unless they are books I know I'm going to read and really want to promote. However I did skip one Sunday post, because I had several other things I wanted to post instead.
- Still doing my best to comment on other blogs.
- Again, using this post monthly to keep up with my challenges.
- I've had two reviews every week this month, although only one so far this week. I'm planning another tomorrow!
- Personal goals: Still no money saved, but I have finally decided on what I'm going to do with my air conditioner. I met my going to the gym and walking once a week goal, and got my reward of a tattoo, which you can see a picture of HERE. I set a new goal of going to the gym and walking twice a week until the end of May, when summer break starts from school. I think my reward for that will be buying a new pair of Nike tennis shoes for walking at the Nike Outlet store when my family goes to Branson over Memorial Day weekend for our annual trip.
For April this year, I'm not participating in the A to Z Challenge for a change. It doesn't go with my goal of posting less. I'm also really starting to feel like writing again. I've decided that I am going to go back and finish the NaNo story from several years ago, but re-write it as a New Adult instead of just a straight contemporary romance. Not sure when I'll find the time to write. I'll probably just wait till this summer.
So, how did your March go?