1. Jennifer L. Armentrout - I had heard so much about this author, and had wanted to try her books, but just never got around to it until I got an ARC from a Disney Summer of Chills package. I loved that book, Don't Look Back, and now I am ready to begin reading all things JLA.
2. Kelley Armstrong - My first book of hers was Sea of Shadows which I read because I met her last May and really enjoyed hearing her talk about it.
4. Bethany Griffin - I finally read this author when I got an e-galley of The Fall. Now I need to go back and read her Masque of Red Death books.
5. Melissa Marr - It's possible I've read a short story of this author before, but I'm not sure that I have. I finally read a whole book by here though, Made for You. It was of course the gorgeous cover that drew me in, but when the girls on Epic Reads were talking about it on Tea Time one day, I knew I had to read it. I have met this author, again at the RT Convention, but did not get a picture, and I have two ARCs of hers from a couple years ago. I need to bump them up on my reading list!
6. Caragh O'Brien - I have a friend who has mentioned the Birthmarked series by this author. But I never got around to reading it. I did get to meet the author at BEA this past summer when I got an ARC of The Vault of Dreamers, but I can't seem to find the picture!
8. Megan Shull - I got to meet her this summer at BEA, and got a copy of the ARC of The Swap, which I LOVED!!! So glad to have met her and read her book, I can recommend her books very highly now.
9. Andrew Smith - I had seen a lot about his book Grasshopper Jungle over the past year, and so I had to finally get ahold of it, which I did by checking it out from the library and then reading it while I was recovering from surgery this summer. I loved it, and need to read more!
10. Rick Yancey - I have had several of this author's books on my TBR list for a long time. But it wasn't until I finally got around to reading The 5th Wave this past year that I became a huge fan. Now I do have to go back and pick up all those other books I wanted to read.
So, those are my top 10 "new" authors for 2014. Have you read any of them? If not, are they on your TBR list? Because I highly recommend them!