Thursday, November 6, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday (Thursday) - 10 Books I Want to Re-Read





Top Ten Tuesday is sponsored by The Broke and The Bookish.  Well, I had a lot of things to post at the beginning of the week, and I prefer not to post more than once a day for the most part, but I loved this topic for this week's Top Ten Tuesday.  So, I am doing it on a Thursday instead.


Most of the books I've picked are ones that I may have read a long time ago, some are newer though.  And all of them are ones that I just don't have time to re-read it seems, as I get more and more books to review.  Some of the books are ones that I used to re-read over and over again, back when I didn't have piles of books sitting waiting to be read.  That all changed once I started working at a bookstore.  Then got even crazier once I started blogging.  I used to always re-read the book before a movie came out.  I just don't have the time to do that anymore, so some of my books below are chosen because of that.  I'm going to list 10 books below, as always, no particular order, that I want to re-read, and hopefully, I will get to read them again, with many others some day.

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

6.

7.


8.

9.

10.


 

I especially want to re-read this last one with the movie coming out.  It is the only one of the series I have only read once, and that is because I didn't really like it.  I don't own it either, but am thinking of buying it in the cool foil cover on the right.

So, how often do you get to re-read books?  Are any of my choices ones that you would like to re-read, or as in the case of some of them, ones that you do read over and over like I did?

18 comments:

  1. I read both City of Bones and Under the Dome fairly recently. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Under the Dome since it first was published. Partly because of how big of a book it is. I wanted to try to read it before the new tv show, but didn't have time. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I still don't know how I feel about the new Hunger Games covers. On one hand, it's shiny. On the other hand, it's different.

    I don't know if I could reread it, so much heartache.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally I'm not a fan of cover re-dos, but since I wasn't a fan of the book, maybe the shiny cover will help me want to own it so that I can complete the set. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. I don't get to re-read very often. Actually, the last book I re-read was City of Lost Souls before City of Heavenly Fire. I normally will only re-read one or two books a year. If I could re-read ten, it would be these

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't re-read a book in probably a few years. No time anymore. Thanks for stopping by and I'll check out your post as well!

      Delete
  4. I haven't read any of these other than Mockingjay. Is there any good non-scary Stephen King book you can recommend? (Other than his writing memoir, which I do plan to read.) I don't do scary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, well if you like murder mysteries, he has The Colorado Kid and Joyland, although I haven't read those because I prefer the scary stuff. :-) I don't think the one about the JFK shooting is supposed to be scary, but again, I haven't read it. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I really do hope to reread Mockingjay before the movie release! New follower through Bloglovin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt I will since the first movie comes out in about two weeks. But maybe before the 2nd part, the last one, them maybe I'll have some time. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my TTT! We both love Stephen King, I see. Happy rereading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand who can not love him. Thanks for returning the visit!

      Delete
  7. The only Steven King book I ever managed to read was The Running Man (under Bachman)... but I have a teen at work that is always raving about Under the Dome. If it weren't so huge, I'd try reading that, but I just don't have the time at the moment.

    I have read the Hunger Games books a few times each, but I think I'm done with that for now--although I am so excited for Mockingjay pt. 1 to come out!

    Cool list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it is a huge book! It was quick and easy to read, other than how big the book was! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. There's quite a bit of Stephen King on this list! You must really like his books. As well as that, I know I would love to reread City of Bones, even though I have already done that once!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to read Stephen King constantly. So it makes sense. I wish I had time to reread, you're so lucky that you've been able to.

      Delete
  9. City of Bones looks really interesting. I have read most of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. City of Bones is one of my favorite series. Glad to hear about someone else who likes the same books I do. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I love to get comments and I read them all! If you leave a link in your comment, I just might visit you back.