Sunday, August 9, 2009

Let's get this party started

So, as you will soon find out, if there is anyone actually reading this, I am a big fan of movies, and it is actually a movie that got me back to blogging again, Julie and Julia. While I'm too scattered to do a themed blog like the main character did in that, it made me want to do something. So for the next year, I am going to use my blog to help me make it. I am trying so hard to find a library job, yet can't seem to catch a break no matter how many times I interview, or what I do to be better each time. Because of the economy I can't just quit my teaching job and take my chance elsewhere. And if you've never taught, you may not understand that teaching is not really a job you should do if you don't want to do it. It's a very stressful job. I've blogged on more private sites, such as Xanga and Live Journal, and even for a short time on here for one of my classes. But I've never really kept up with it for long. Live Journal turned into a place for me to gripe about my life because I wasn't friends with anyone on there that was in my "real" life. I don't want to do this here. I'm not saying I won't ever post things about sucky stuff in my life. But I want this to be more of a day to day replay and review of my pop culture filled life. I did book and movie reviews on my blog on My Space, but again, I've kind of drifted away from that. So my year long goal is just to make sure I blog every day. The only time I won't would be if I was out of town and had no access to a computer. And I'll try to warn ahead on those days. Also some days may be more than one post, as I think it's best to do separate reviews for each book or movie so they don't get confusing.

Anyway, long story short. Tomorrow will be my first official day of blogging. It coincides with my first day back to school for teachers' meetings. It will be a really hard day, knowing I'm having to teach instead of being a librarian, and just little things can get me welling up with tears. So hoping this will keep me going.