Got probably more reading done this month, although a few of the books were either really short audio books and one was a re-read of a book I'd gotten to do kind of a beta read as a critique partner on a website I was trying out for getting my own stuff read.
I got the last two weeks off for holiday break, great Christmas times with family and my friend who got a job at Macmillan this past summer was home and I got to sit down with her one morning and talk about her job and catch up. I haven't gotten as much as I would like to get done though, because the bookstore where I work didn't hire enough holiday help, so I've had to work a ton. Money though, right? I am looking forward to being the assistant bowling coach for my high school where I am a librarian though in January and February. No, I'm not a good bowler or anything, they just needed an assistant, so I decided to volunteer!
On with the reading stats for December
According to Goodreads, I've completed my goal that I upped to 220 books as I got closer to it, and I've gone over by 4 more books. December made up 22 of those. So yay for reaching and exceeding my goal!
Here is a list of books I read in November, and I'll link to my review if I've finished it:
- Shopping for a Billionaire #1 by Julia Kent
- Shelf Awareness by Katie Ashley
- Adorkable by Cookie O'Gorman
- The Lineup by Meghan Quinn
- Shopping for a Billionaire #2 by Julia Kent
- Beard Necessities by Penny Reid
- The Younger Man by Karina Halle
- The Boss Who Stole Christmas by Jana Aston
- If You Give a Jerk a Gingerbread by Jana Aston
- Song of the Crimson Flower by Julie C. Dao
- The One Night Stand Before Christmas by Jana Aston
- Wait for Me by Tia Louise
- Recipe for Disaster by Allie York
- Shopping for a Billionaire #3 by Julia Kent
- The Pretenders by Rebecca Hanover
- Shopping for a Billionaire #4 by Julia Kent
- Dear Beau by Penny Reid
- So That Got Weird by Amelia Kingston
- Beauty and the Beard by Penny Reid
- The Setup by Rachel Van Dyken
- Chosen by Kiersten White
- The A.I. Who Loved Me by Alyssa Cole
Another stat I want to talk about is books that I don't finish. While I haven't added anymore since October, there is one ARC that I'm close to DNFing if I don't get back to it soon.
My number of posts in December was much better, only 36! I'm getting much better about turning down tours that I might normally want to go ahead and try. But I'm still kind of booked to the gills for the first month or two of 2020. Now, of those 36 posts, 13 were reviews. I've been good with my weekly posts I want to keep up with too. My average rating was down to 4.3 stars.
I did a fun Book Tag this month:
- Books I wish I'd Made Time to Read in 2019
- New or New-to-Me Authors
- Captivating Characters
- Cover Love
- Favorite Book Boyfriends
- Best of the Best
- Books I'm Looking Forward To In 2020
Okay, on with my challenges.
1. I mostly kept up with my Looking Forward To posts, on Wednesdays as much as possible to tie in with the Can't Wait Wednesday posts. However there really aren't a lot of books that come out in December to share.
I'm still working on visiting other blogs and commenting as much as I am posting on my own blog, but I still haven't been keeping track of it in my calendar where I was trying to do that. Don't know if that'll ever get going again.
Been doing well on cleaning up my Goodreads TBR with my weekly post and giveaway (except that I keep adding new to Goodreads), as well as even my physical TBR a little. I think I now have two people occasionally joining in, and you should feel free to join in as well. Here are the posts for that:
December 28th - giveaway still going till January 3rd!
2. My Reading Goals for the Goodreads challenge as I mentioned above were completed.
- Rabbit and Robot by Andrew Smith
- Tinfoil Heart by Daisy Prescott
- Sweet Southern Secrets by Colbie Kay and Chianti Summers
- Midnight Blue by L.J. Shen
I only got two of my goal of four discussions done. :-(.
I never came up with a button for the First in the Series Challenge, although I didn't complete my goal of 6, I'd say only 3 done, and two of those weren't on my original list
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
- First Down by Michelle Sodaro
- Truth or Beard by Penny Reid
Looking forward to in January:
Okay, so here is my proposed TBR based on my blog tours and review requests for this month:
- Oasis by Katya de Becerra - I am reading this as I write this post, should be posting the review on the 2nd.
- Keystone by Katie Delahanty - Supposed to be doing a review tour and posting on the 4th
- Just Kidding by Lani Lynn Vale - Supposed to be doing a review tour and posting on the 7th
- Always Mine by Kennedy Fox - supposed to be doing a review tour and posting on the 7th
- You Too? 25 Voices Share Their #MeToo Stories - part of a review tour and posting on the 9th
- Jane Anonymous by Lauri Faria Stolarz - part of a review tour on the 10th
- Spark by Aleatha Romig - part of a review tour on the 14th
- Finding Mr. Better Than You by Shani Petroff- part of a review tour on the 16th
- Frenemies by Emma Hart - part of a review tour and posting on the 22nd
- BMBG by Meghan Quinn -Not sure exactly what book this is but I'm scheduled to post a review as part of a tour on the 24th, and if it's by Meghan Quinn, I'll love it
- Must Love Forever by Leigh Lennon- part of a tour that I'll be posting on the 27th
- Bachelor Bastard Society by Sara Ney - part of a tour to post a review on the 28th
- A Favor for a Favor by Helena Hunting - part of a tour to post a review on the 30th
- Echoes Between Us by Katie McGarry
- What I Carry by Jennifer Longo
- Wardens of Eternity by Courtney Allison Moulton
- A Castle in the Clouds by Kerstin Gier
- The Tenth Girl by Sara Faring - been trying to get this one read and reviewed for a couple months now
- A River of Royal Blood by Amanda Joy - this is the one I kind of started, but may end up DNFing.
I think I'll do a separate post later this week with my challenges that I'm signing up for in 2020.
So, how was your December? Are you excited for 2020?