I had such a great time at the convention. Got to meet a couple authors I had already read and loved, as well as meet some that I'd wanted to read their books, but just hadn't had the chance. I also got to meet Jonny James, who is my favorite cover model. Here are the pictures!
I got another picture with Jonny and another model and the author of those books.
And then, I won a basket in the raffle! It had a lot of cool stuff, although I'm not really into the whole BDSM thing, so there are a few things in there I may have to pass on in a giveaway here at some point.
I've already read one of those books, Sin City, and it was okay, very short, but probably not a series I'll read on in. The one in the middle is more my type, at least from the sounds of it. And the one on the left I probably will pass on. The other things you see in the basket are a blindfold, a flogger, a necklace with little handcuffs on it, and penis lollipops. Here are some other author pictures:
Last week on the blog:
- Promo Posts: Risk and Reward by Rachael Duncan, Chasing After Me by RC Martin, The Great Pursuit by Wendy Higgins, Looking Back on Forever by Kat Alexander (Giveaway), Dream Catchers series by Sandy Lo (Giveaway), When the Butterflies Come by Rosemary Ness Bitner (Giveaway), Dirty Deeds by AJ Nuest (Giveaway), Falling for Boston by Leslie Kate (Giveaway), Home by Eleni McKnight (Giveaway), and Rarity from the Hollow by Robert Eggleton
- Can't Wait Wednesday: Fame and Secrets (Lord of Lyre #2) by Cora Kenborn
- Cover Reveal: Confessions of a Carpool Captive by Dawn L. Chiletz
- Review: Beautiful Bastard series #1, 2, and 4 by Christina Lauren
Coming up on the blog this week:
- Promo Posts: Deathstalkers MC boxed set by Alexis Noelle, Chasing Brynn by Angela Corbett, Plucker by KE Osborn, Lyrical by Bree Dahlia, Petals by Laurisa White Reyes, and Fixing Sydney by Diane Zparkki
- Cover Reveal: Perfect Catch by Alix Nichols
- Reviews: Lifeblood (Everlife #2) by Gena Showalter - along with a Heaven vs. Hell post
- Cover Characteristic: New York City
- Can't Wait Wednesday
- Possible Reviews: Wallbanger series #1-3 by Alice Clayton, Nothing More and Nothing Less by Anna Todd, Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller, Facade by Nyrae Dawn, Hard and Reckless by Victoria Ashley, Feral by Jenika Snow, The Pain Eater by Beth Goobie
Busy week coming up, even with it being spring break.
Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews. It is a way for us to share the new books we have collected. As usual I have way too many free new e-books to share. I was kind of bad at the Kinky in Kansas City convention, I bought more books than I planned to. I also have been purchasing books left and right, mainly for getting autographed at ApollyCon. The books I'm showing below are for the last two weeks.
There are a lot to share from the last two weeks.
The last picture above is all the swag I got. The first two pictures are the books I bought, and one or two that came with the swag or that the authors were giving away. I'm not going to list them all out, would take too much time. If you want to know about one, leave me a comment below and I'll tell you more about it if you can't make out it's title or author from the picture.
The three books in the pictures above are from my partner in the Great Paperback Pay It Forward Group on Facebook. The first one for sure will be going to ApollyCon with me in a couple weeks. I've read the second one in that series, Facade, because I found it at the Dollar Tree for $1, so had to give it a chance since I'd heard of the author before. The other two were on my list for her to pick from. The second two are also authors at ApollyCon, so I guess all three are going with me!
The books in the first picture above are all ones that I purchased. The first one was an exchange from my Half Price Bookstore huge purchase a few weeks ago. The other three in that picture were all from my bookstore. The middle picture above contains two stripped copy books and one purchase on the top. And the last one is the book I had to have the day it came out. And even though I've listened to all of Samantha Young's books on audiobook before I read them, this one wasn't available at my library yet, so I'm reading it right now. I was so anxious I couldn't wait for the audiobook.
The books in the picture above are all stripped cover books that were at the bookstore where I work. They are all ones that sounded good, so I took them home.
And the hits keep coming! I won this on another Facebook giveaway, this time from the White Hot Reads Group. Very excited to read these, not to mention the cool swag that came with them!
A couple of ARCs that I got the last few weeks. The first one I won in a Goodreads giveaway. The second one came I think from entering a giveaway through the Shelf Awareness newsletter.
I think I've now shown you all the books I received since my last STS post. Not including the numerous free ebooks I've downloaded.
Did you get anything good this past week or two?