Sunday, January 29, 2017

Sunday Post #78 and Stacking the Shelves January 29th, 2017

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted  @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme.   So, I haven't kept up with this very well this year.  I think I'm going to change how I do this a little.  I think I'll just talk about how my week has been, and what I'm looking forward to, and then do my Stacking the Shelves at the bottom.  I'll save the more specific information for end of the month posts.

First of all, it's been a kind of rough week.  I lost a friend, who is also a self-published author, because she finally got around to reading the reviews I posted of her two last books, and she wasn't happy with what I said.  I am not going to talk anymore about it, other than she said in her email to me that I needed to quit picking on self-published authors, and I am going to defend myself on that because three of my favorite books last year were self-published, two of them from debut authors, so I'm pretty sure that is not true.  Anyway, if I talk anymore about it, I'll get into being petty and I'm not going to sink to that level.  However, I have to admit this is my first bad experience with an author.  And to think it was someone I thought I knew.  

Then, I got some shaming from someone who doesn't understand the whole LuLaRoe thing.  Anyone else out there in love with LuLaRoe?  I am, but didn't need this pressure from that person.  

Also, trip to the dentist, only to mean that I found out all the work I need to do on my teeth and how much money I'm going to owe them.  

On a more positive note, I found out that there is a high school library position in my state that is an International Baccalaureate school, which is the type of high school I currently work at.  Also, I got a screening interview set up for my old school district for a library job this week.  

I found a sorority sister who is going to let me stay at her house in Orlando for Apollycon in March.  So yay!  I also heard about a romance book convention that is going to be in Kansas City in March, and I'm really excited about it because one of the sexy cover models I follow on Facebook is supposed to be there!  I sooooooo want to get a picture with him.  I mean, check him out, wouldn't you?


Next week on Tuesday I have my LuLaRoe party, very excited for that.  Oh yeah, last weekend I also got go visit my grandpuppies.  It is the 3rd litter that my dachshund is the father of.  Here is a picture of the 6 adorable babies:





Blog-wise, I actually got quite a few reviews in this past week!  So I'm totally on track with that.

How was your week?  Anything exciting coming up for you this week?





Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.  It is a way for us to share the new books we have collected.   As always, way too many e-books to share, although there are a few I want to.  And these books are over more than just one week.  Here we go.

E-galleys:




  So excited to read Redux, and also intrigued by the pre-novella for the Houck series.

E-books:




 The first one is free from the Romance Read-of-the-Month Club.  The second one I won in a giveaway from the author!  Can't wait to read these!   

Physical books:


Here you can see my awesome last package from my OTSP Secret Sister.  Not only did I get a copy of Hopeless, but I also got an Amazon gift card that I bought some ebooks with!


  These are the books I bought over the last couple of weeks.  The Shack I bought tonight, and I'm going to read it as part of my local library's reading program, this year is about books that have been made into movies.  And I've been told by a lot of people that it is a good read.





One of the perks of working a bookstore is the stripped cover books.  These are three that I got today.  Very excited to read them.  Whenever I can get to them.





  Two awesome ARCs this week!  The first one I won through a Shelf Awareness newsletter contest.  The second is from the publisher.





  One of my favorite self-published authors sent me a copy of her book!  I loved Road-Tripped by Nicole Archer soooo much!  We're also friends on Facebook, and she was kind of making fun of the leggings and LuLaRoe stuff one day.  As I mentioned above I love them, so it is something we had a little running joke about.  

So that's what I added to my shelves this weekend.  How about you? What are the new books on your shelves?