Sunday, January 8, 2017

Sunday Post #77 and Stacking the Shelves January 8th, 2017

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted  @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme.   I'm going to try to keep on the ball with this for 2017.  I think in a way it did help me keep up with my progress on my challenges.

Last week on the blog:
It felt kind of weird this past week to only have one promo post.  Very unusual for my blog these days. But don't worry, it will pick up soon!  I know I have many promos coming up.  I'm proud for getting my goal of 2 reviews a week in, and the fact that I was able to knock out a bunch of ebook reviews from last year.  I still have a lot of reviews to get caught up on for 2016.  I keep saying I'll do one review a day, but then I get home from work and it doesn't get done.  So that is something I really need to do.  I don't want any 2016 reviews still hanging once January is over.

This week on the blog:
  • Promos:  Friends ForNever by Melissa Baldwin, and Dangerous Crush by Krystal Caswell
  • Waiting on Wednesday
  • Reviews:  The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden, Free/Cheap E-book reviews from 2016
  • Possible Reviews:  Audiobook Mini-Reviews - United by Melissa Landers, Letting Go by Molly McAdams, and Roman Crazy by Alice Clayton; Beautiful Bastard series #1 and 4 by Christina Lauren; Retreat by Jay Crownover; A Promise Kept by Anissa Garcia
 As you can see, there are a lot of reviews I need to get done.  And even what is listed above is not all of the 2016 books I have left. Plus at least one of those books will be my first read of 2017.  So, I have a lot to work on this week!  I'm not going to spend a lot of time on what else is going on this week because I need to get more blogging done besides just this post.





Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.  It is a way for us to share the new books we have collected.  As usual of course there were way too many ebooks to share, but only a few physical books, so this will be short and sweet.

Books received from other people:





  The first two I got in successful books for trade on Twitter.  The last ARC was kind of a surprise, I don't remember requesting it.  But maybe I did.  Anyway, I've been seeing it around a lot of blogs lately, so I'll be very interested to read it.

Books I purchased:





  The first one was a smoothie book I found at the bookstore where I work and really the price wasn't bad for it.  I also paged through and looked at most of the recipes, and they pretty much were all very easy, a reasonable list of ingredients, as well as not really weird ones.  Of course now that it is really cold, I've not been in the mood for smoothies.  The last two books were both purchased at the Dollar Tree for $1 each!  I love that store, it's so bad for me to go in there.  

E-galleys:





  The first two books I got from the authors, and I'm almost done with Retreat, which was a surprise book from Jay Crownover.  Easy is the sequel to one of my favorite books last year, Prude, and I can't wait to get it read this month as well, review should be around January 26th.  The third book is from Netgalley.

Now, I realized this week that I had 7 books I had agreed through emails to review, and so I'm going to do my best to get through them this month if at all possible!  And from now on, I have got to do so much better about not agreeing to anything until I get it written in my calendar/planner.  

So that is the list of books I got last week, and all the things going on with my blog lately.  What have you added to your bookshelves?  Anything exciting on your blog I need to make sure to check out this week?  

While you're here, you have until next weekend to enter my January 2017 Book of Choice Giveaway HERE.