Had my birthday dinners with both of my families this week. Cupcakes with my mom, stepdad, brother, sister-in-law and niece and nephew. Got a cute pumpkin my 6 year old niece decorated for me, as well as a sweet necklace that said Auntie Lisa on it. I don't wear necklaces that much, but I'm going to try to wear this one more often.
Then at my dad's side, with him, my stepmom, one of my sister's and her boyfriend's son, we went to eat at Wahlburgers, although I was a little disappointed in how their service had gone down in the month they'd been open. We had cake and played a strategy board game. I got gift cards to AMC movie theaters as well as one to Barnes and Noble. Fun! Also, got to love this fun card from my sister!
Had a really busy last couple of week days in the library at the school where I work. My co-librarian was presenting at the state librarians' conference, so I was alone, and one of those days was CRAZY! Everyone needed to use the library at the same time. Yet few realized how busy it would be.
Today I went to the library and spent some time working on getting as much blogging done as I could, getting past due reviews done, 7 of them to be specific, so that I could get ready to start NaNoWriMo on Thursday. I've got my story idea, just getting it all ready and organized for writing.
Here's what you might have missed on the blog this week:
- Blog Tours: Love, Cutter by Michelle Jester (giveaway), Complete Me by Khardine Gray (giveaway), and Eight Steps to Alpha by Taylor Sullivan (giveaway)
- Can't Wait Wednesday: Umbertouched (Rosemarked #2) by Livie Blackburne
- Cover Reveals: One Chance, Fancy (The Bear Bottom Guardians MC #5) by Lani Lynn Vale, and OPERATION: Get Holly Laid (A Holiday Fling novella) by Callie Vegas
- Reviews: Six Adult Contemporary Romance Audiobook Mini-Reviews including - RoomHate by Penelope Ward, The Upside to Being Single by Emma Hart, Four Letter Word by J. Daniels, End Goal by Amy Daws, Screwmates by Kayti McGee, and Listen to Me by Kristen Proby, Not for Me (The Windy City Chronicles #1) by Kat de Falla, and The Darkest Star (Origin #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Reviews: I Bet You by Ilsa Madden-Mills, Kiss and Make Up series by Sara Ney, Little White Lies by Jennifer Lynn Barnes, Royally Yours by Emma Chase, Lucy by Anna Ambrose, and three adult romantic comedy mini-reviews - King of Code by C.D. Reiss, Royally Endowed by Emma Chase, and Studly Period by Sarina Bowen
- Promo Posts: Pierced by JA Huss and Johnathan McClain, Carols and Chaos by Cindy Anstey, Want (Ryder Brothers #2) by Kayti McGee, All We Want (Alabama Summer series) by J. Daniels - cover reveal
Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews. It is a way for us to share the new books we have collected. Just a few to share this week.
Got this ARC in the mail this week from the publisher. I hadn't heard about it before, but it sounds good, so I can't wait!
Not a great picture I guess. Earlier last week I bought a couple books to help with my writing. I'd constantly heard from authors at conventions that the book Save the Cat! was one that was great to help with writing, even thought it was for screenplays. Recently one specifically for novels came out, so I bought it. I also found a writing prompt for romance book at the same time, so bought it. Then today with my Barnes and Noble gift card, I was looking for a romance book to buy, and while I had an idea what I wanted, one of my coworkers recommended Intercepted, and since she and I have been gushing over how much we love the same books lately, I decided that was the one to pick up.
That's my weekly wrap up and book haul for last week. How was your last week?