Guess whose blog is turning eight? You got it! Lisa Loves Literature, ME!!! I can't believe it has been that long. But I've had a great time! This past year has had some ups and downs, more ups than downs though. Since my last blogoversary:
- I attended NOLA Storycon and got to meet a bunch of my new favorite authors.
Jay Crownover (she takes the best selfies)
Jennifer L. Armentrout, the main reason I bought a ticket for NOLA Storycon
- Attended the very first Kinky In Kansas City Romance Author convention and met some other new favorite authors and hot cover models.
Jonny James (cover model)
- Got to be a volunteer at Apollycon in Orlando and meet other favorite authors (as well as other hot cover models)!!!! While there, I also got to visit the Harry Potter park at Universal Studios.
Anna Todd, the main reason I first signed up to be an ApollyCon volunteer
All the hot cover models from JLA's books, along with JLA herself!
Butter Beer, the first thing I HAD to get at Universal Studios
- In November I won NaNoWriMo for the 2nd time! I didn't finish my novel that I'd started, but I am still working on it.
- I also got a couple cool sponsors for my blogs, one was UberPrints.com - who let me design a free t-shirt to show how easy and fun it is. The other was USB Memory Direct, and I got some cool USB drives to pass out as business cards with my blog design in them.
- I got to meet so many more authors than what I showed you above. I got a trip to New Orleans for NOLA StoryCon, a trip to Orlando for Apollycon, but I also visited Albuquerque, New Mexico for a school related conference, and went to back Orlando with my family - specifically to see my 5 year old niece's first time at Disneyworld.
Not all things were great though. I did lose a friend. My former writing buddy, one that I've shared her self-published books here on my blog in past Blogoversaries, as well as my own reviews. She didn't like the way I reviewed her books, but didn't bother to read the reviews once I sent her a link, waited months afterward when someone else pointed them out. Anyway, it's a long story, and time for me to move on. And then last month, stupid Photobucket changed how they worked, and now my background and other things on my blog are all messed up. The problem is that someone designed it all for me, and I can't get ahold of them through email or any way anymore, so I don't know how to fix it!
Since it is my 8th Blogoversary, I want to give away 8 prizes. Here are the options:
- Your choice of any Alice Clayton book under $10 from The Book Depository (INT)
- Any of the mass market copies of the Stage Dive series by Kylie Scott (TBD) (INT)
- Two winners will get to pick 2-3 books from my Books for Trade pile. Here is the most recent photo, although there may be more or different books there by the end of the month. US only, sorry, I can only afford so much postage.
- E-book copies of two of my favorite books by a new favorite author Nicole Archer: Road-Tripped and Head-Tripped. (Open to anyone who can accept a Kindle or Nook e-book)
- $5.00 Amazon Gift Card or Barnes and Noble if you'd prefer
- Coloring Book (US only, sorry, I can only afford that postage)
- Samplers and Swag - Swag not pictured (US only, postage is too expensive)
- Your choice of any book I've read since last September from The Book Depository. (INT) Check out those books on my Goodreads page, just scroll back till you get all the way to last September to get an idea of what books, it is a lot to choose from!
Just fill out the Rafflecopter below to enter. And even if you don't want to enter, I'd love to get a comment from you below!