Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Weigh In Wednesday #1



This is a new meme started by Lauren at Epilogue Review.

Today's topic is E-book vs. Print Book

My answer:  I used to think that I would never want to read e-books.  I still don't like to read things off of my computer, and will print things out that are very many pages to read.  But I've always been a big technology person, and when the Barnes and Noble where I work started selling Nooks, it wasn't long before I started drifting over to play with them, and soon bought one to try it out.  I now love my Nook, but I have to admit there are very few books I actually paid anything for on my Nook.  Most of what is there are free e-galleys from Netgalley.  The ones I purchases are ones like the Twilight series, that I wanted to have available to me anywhere I went, or The Help, which was cheaper to buy an e-book of at the time, and I didn't think I'd need a copy, and then there are a few bargain e-books, like the Trylle series by Amanda Hocking.  I do still love a print book though.  In fact, books that I like, even some I've read the e-galley of, if I loved them, I want to own the pretty shiny book on my bookshelf as well.

What about you?  Do you prefer e-books or print books?