Sunday, May 27, 2012

Stacking the Shelves #3

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!  This is being hosted by Tynga's Reviews.  I actually wanted to do this last week because I got some good stuff, but I was so busy with the end of the school year and getting my classroom packed up that I just didn't have time.  So this is going to be kind of 2 weeks in one.
First, I am really excited to have gotten Sisters' Guide to NYC cupcakes.  I got this from Goodreads.  I saw it as a giveaway, and entered, and wrote in my review that I hoped to win it so I could try it out when I got to NYC for BEA.  And the author emailed me and said she'd send me a copy even though I didn't win!  And it was also really cool because the author and her sisters were from Kansas City, where I live.  So that came in the mail this week, perfect timing so I will be able to use it when I get to NYC.  I'll probably be blogging some of my adventures with this book!


The egalleys I've gotten from Netgalley lately include one that was my Waiting on Wednesday pick just recently, The Bar Code Prophecy.  I also got Beyond, and Rape Girl, all of these pictured below.

I also bought a book this week, a Michael Buble biography that we had on the bargain shelves at the bookstore where I work.  I couldn't pass up the $6.98 price, especially with my 30% employee discount on top of that!

What books are you stacking on your shelves this week?