Wednesday, February 8, 2017

January End of the Month Wrap-Up Post

Hmm, my life doesn't seem to slow down!  Oh well, going to try to do better with the end of the month posts, but am not going to stress about the weekly posts all the time.  I've been a bit stressed because my Goodreads goal has me 7 books behind at the moment, but I've only got it set at 5 books over how many I read last year. We'll see how that goes.  Let's do an update of all my challenges.


Blogger Shame 2016

Well, I'll keep hanging my head in shame.  Goal of 4 books, but none of this done yet!

My goal for this one was 4 discussions for the year.  Haven't done one yet, but do have a couple ideas to do one in February.


My goal was 12 books for the year, and so far I've done 3!!  Totally on track with this one.  Although I don't have all the reviews posted yet.
  1. The Countdown (The Taking #3) by Kimberly Derting
  2. Sentinel (Covenant #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
  3.  Ashes (Seeds of America #3) by Laurie Halse Anderson


My goal for this was 12 as well, only one done so far, but that is still on track.  And it is one that counted for the last challenge.
  • The Countdown (The Taking #3) by Kimberly Derting


My two categories that I picked were blogging and writing.  Here's how I'm doing on them so far.
  1. Blogging - I don't think I'm going to keep up with the labeling all my posts whether they are ARCs or etc.  I put that in my book info at the beginning of the reviews, I figure that's good.  I think I'm commenting on 7 blogs a week?  Not positive.  Need to keep better track of that this month.  I am working on getting an image for my blog made, so that is in the works.  
  2. Writing - I'm also giving up on the writing a short story every week.  I tried the first week, but it is going longer than a short story, so I'm just going to keep working on it.  I do need to work on finishing my past NaNoWriMo stories.  But I kinda want to finish the short story I started on first, make it a very short one.  Maybe get it fixed up and see how it does on Amazon or something.  :-)  As for spending an hour a week at least on writing, I'd say that's been at least every other week.  So going to keep up with that.

I'm so glad that is all the challenges I'm doing this year.  Although I am going to participate in the Mini-Blog ahead challenge at the beginning of March, which will be really helpful for when I go to ApollyCon at the end of March.  I can't believe how close it is getting!  I've started getting all the books I want signed together, and I think I might need to take a suitcase just for that.  :-)

Alright, here are some statistics from January:
  • # of books read:  15, that is down from the 19 a month I was doing before Christmas.
  • # of full reviews posted on blog:  8-10, if you count the two I did for two of JLA's books in one post
  • # of mini-reviews posted on blog:  19-21, again depends on those two I mentioned above
Possible February October TBR (that hasn't already been read):
  • The Wish Granter by CJ Redwine
  • Long May She Reigh by Rhiannon Thomas
  • Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller
  • Sad Perfect by Stephanie Elliot
  • Reignited (Reawakened #0.5) by Colleen Houck
  • The Great Pursuit (Eurona Duology #2) by Wendy Higgins
  • The Beast is an Animal by Peternelle van Arsdale
  • Geekarella by Ashley Poston
  • Max by Sarah Cohen-Scali
  • Lifeblood (Everlife #2) by Gena Showalter
  • The Shack by William Paul Young
  • Denton Little's Still Not Dead (Denton Little #2) by Lance Rubin
  • Wrong Bed, Right Guy (Come Undone #1) by Katee Robert
  • The Cinderella Arrangement by Vanessa Waltz
  • Screwdrivered (Cocktail #3) by Alice Clayton
  • Neil Patrick Harris:  Choose Your Own Autobiography by Neil Patrick Harris
We'll see what else I end up with time to read!  Hopefully I'm not missing any review books in that. 

If you've done your own January Wrap-Up Post, be sure to go link up at Feed Your Fiction Addiction so you can get entered into a giveaway, as well as get more visitors to your post!