Sunday, February 12, 2017

Sunday Post #79 and Stacking the Shelves February 12th, 2017

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted  @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme.   So, I haven't kept up with this very well this year.  I think I'm going to change how I do this a little.  I think I'll just talk about how my week has been, and what I'm looking forward to, and then do my Stacking the Shelves at the bottom.  I'll save the more specific information for end of the month posts.  Part of the reason I'm changing this is because I have been doing more than one post a day lately, something I don't really like to do, but I keep signing up for blog tours!  Partly because they are usually easy posts, often sent with pre-made html that I can just plug right in, and then I know I will have a post every day.  But, then I end up having too many to probably share in a list for the Sunday post.  

Anyway, so far February is going pretty well.  I've found some new authors that I'm in love with, and am very excited to get to hopefully meet them at the Kinky in Kansas City Romance Convention at the beginning of March.  I'm working hard on getting what I'm thinking of as overdue reviews done, which included two posts this past week, one with three audiobook mini-reviews, and one with three series-enders mini-reviews.  I went to a screening interview last week with the school district I used to work in and where I graduated from high school.  At the moment they only have an elementary position open, so I probably won't be doing any more interviews with them, but oh well. I've got my foot in the door again I guess.  

This weekend I took my dogs to a friend's house to watch them so I could have lots of time to just work on cleaning the house and not worrying about if my male dog was busy peeing on something if I wasn't keeping him in my sight at all time.  I also don't have to worry about sticking them in their cage and then hearing them bark and whine as I work on things in another room this way. But I will definitely be missing them at night, when I don't have their snuggly, warm little bodies in bed with me.  I'll pick them back up on Monday night, and hopefully I'll have done as much as I hope to get done, or at least close to it.  I'm also thinking no dogs around means I should be getting lots of writing and blogging done in any extra time I have.

We had parent conferences at school this past week, and even though I'm the librarian, I am still a teacher and required to be at school.  All day Friday I had nothing much to do library-wise, and no parents come to meet with me.  So I sat and blogged and did a little reading, but didn't necessarily get to any writing.  But that's okay.  I also got some possible good news from my Principal that we may be getting some money to replace and add some furniture to make the library a little more modern and fun looking.  Hopefully I'll also get to go to the IB training this summer for librarians in Atlanta, GA.  I'd love to go to Orlando, but that one is not a training session, just a convention.

Saturday I celebrated my niece's 5th birthday.  It's so much fun to have her in my life.  And I think back to 5 years ago when she was born two months early, and she had to fight so hard for a couple months before she was able to leave the hospital and go home with my brother and sister-in-law.  I've shared a picture below from 5 years ago, along with one from yesterday.

-->



  That little onesie she is wearing in the first picture is now on one of her baby dolls.  You can see my brother's hand holding her tiny little one in the picture.  I did a lot of driving across town her first couple months so that I could visit her in the hospital.  At her party Saturday night, she was trying to sneak the sprinkles off the cake before we could get it cut and served.  







Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.  It is a way for us to share the new books we have collected.  Since I haven't done one of these in a few weeks, I've got a lot of books to share!  Of course I'll probably skip most of the e-books again since I keep clicking on the free ones on Amazon.  


E-books and E-galleys:






So, the top two are e-galleys from Netgalley.  I was excited when the publisher emailed to offer me the second one, as I'd read the first one and was really hoping to read the second.  The bottom left is for a blog tour, and the bottom right was the free book this month for the Romance Read of the Month Club.   

Physical Books:
-->





The top two pictures are of books that I bought or won or got from the Great Paperback Pay-It-Forward Group on Facebook.  The bottom two pictures are advanced reader copies or books that I got directly from publishers or publicists or authors.  The top right has a bunch of books I can't wait to get signed when I go to Apollycon in just a little over a month!  I'm so excited and so ready!  

Alright everyone, what did you add to your shelves this week?  How was your week?  This coming week will be the first 5 day week of school for a while.  Should be a long one! 

30 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! It's so great to celebrate with her. Although she was in a bit of a mood yesterday!

      Delete
  2. Oh those picture of your niece just make my heart happy! I can't imagine the worry your family went through in those early days and what a happy, healthy, pretty little girl! That's too bad that you had to go into school Friday but it does sound like you got some fun stuff done! Fingers crossed for the budget increase. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so wonderful to see her healthy. To know that she is doing so well after such a rocky start. Hoping for the budget to go through. I've been making wish lists already!

      Delete
  3. Aw happy birthday to your niece!! My daughter turns 5 soon - such a fun age. Wow so many great books this week. Hope you enjoy them all and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a neat age, but they are beginning to look so much older now, not babies anymore! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Nice job, you have quite a haul here! I'm excited to start A Crown of Wishes soon. Happy belated birthday to your little niece!

    Have a fantastic week, Lisa. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, technically the haul is over a few weeks that I didn't post. But still it's nice! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. Awesome how well your niece is doing and that you can celebrate her birthday with her. That's awesome you get to meet some authors you love at the Romance Convention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always exciting every year to think about it. I can't wait for the convention coming up! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. That's awesome about your niece! And I think it'd be kinda neat to teach or be a librarian at the school you went to. Good luck with that if it becomes an option down the road. Good luck with going to the conventions too.

    Looks like a great haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope some day to be back in the same district, but don't know that I'll get to the same school where I graduated from. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday to your niece! Her pictures are too sweet.

    Ooh yay, you got some great books recently. That's awesome! I'm trying not to buy too many for myself at the moment because I want to get through some of the books I already own. We'll see how that goes...haha

    -Lauren
    www.letsgetbeyondtolerance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've really got to stop buying books. But part of it is wanting to have them for when I get to meet the authors in March. I still need to cut it out though. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Mid February already and not much seems to getting done around the house. I can't seem to find time to do everything at the moment and I've been feeling off all week which doesn't help! Still at least the reading is going well! I'm getting a lot of ebooks through these newsletter offers and it's not helping me get the number of tbrs down! I'm gradually weeding out the authors who don't write my kind of books and reducing the incoming mail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! It's why I had to get rid of the dogs. And even with them gone all weekend, I didn't get half the stuff I wanted done. Oh well. I'm doing the same with the email newsletters. Don't need that much email to go through, especially if I'm probably not going to read their books. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  9. Oh my gosh, don't even talk to me about overdue reviews. *hanging my head in shame* I am so ridiculously behind. And what's crazy is that I used to be practically obsessive about it! Finish book>>>immediately write review. Boy has that fallen by the wayside. And just thinking about ApollyCon makes me want to cry. I had So Much Fun at ApollyCon last year and had every intention of going this year (esp. since it will be so close to me!) but in a mean little twist of fate I have to be in NC for a wedding that very weekend. *huge dramatic sigh* Woe is me, Lisa! LOL

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly how I used to be with reviews! It's crazy how it changes. Ah so glad to hear you had fun last year! This is my first year, and I am actually a volunteer, but it meant I got to go for free! I would be sad too if I was you, but there's always next year, right? Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. Aww Happy Birthday to your niece! I'll be celebrating my daughter's birthday on Sunday. Somehow, she is 4 years old already...I'm still trying to wrap my mind around that. lol! Time needs to slow down. Looks like you have a lot of great new books to read. Hope you love them all, and that you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time does go too fast with the little ones! I never understood when people said that until my niece started growing up. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  11. Happy bday to your niece! And so many gorgeous new books!!! I hope you love A Crown of Wishes--I absolutely adored that book :D

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the first book, so hope to like this one as well! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  12. Happy birthday to your niece! My niece and nephew are 2 1/2 and they were born early as well. It was my first experience with NICU and it was very eye opening. It looks like she had a good time. Enjoy all of your new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very eye opening and emotionally changing experience. She had a blast. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  13. Any kids (including fur babies) seem to take up so much time and make so much mess!!! I hope you got everything done and the babies are happy to be home.

    I also hope that you'll get the $ to put into the library.

    Your niece's cake is so amazing and it's hard to reconcile the two pictures. Luckily she was a fighter!

    I need to read Star Touched Queen! I can't believe I'm so behind on so many series at the moment!

    It looks like you got a fantastic haul in!

    Hope you are having a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh believe me, I'm sure there are plenty of series I'm still behind on as well! It was a great haul, although spread over a few weeks. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  14. I'm reading this REALLY late in the week and am glad I did as I've won tickets to a readers convention next weekend and never been to one so not entirely sure what to expect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting! Readers conventions are so much fun! You get to meet the authors and get autographs and even get pictures with them sometimes. Hope you have a blast! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I love to get comments and I read them all! If you leave a link in your comment, I just might visit you back.