Title: Sketchy Tacos
Author: Meg D. Gonzalez
Teenage artist Mila Gulick travels to Mexico to get away from warring influences and find herself. But life in the land of tacos is a far cry from her sheltered life back home. Mila must find the courage to step out from behind her sketchbook and get to know the people and culture around her. While her host family and the two boys vying for her interest are nothing but smiles, all may not be as it seems. Soon Mila is questioning her choices and the beliefs she’s held dear. Her heart, her art, and even her safety are at risk as she struggles to find a balance between cultural differences, old assumptions, and strange romance. Will her trip end in disaster or will she find the strength for which she’s been searching?Praise for the Book
"This modern coming-of-age story has it all - humor, heart, genuine characters, and spiritual depth. I highly recommend it to teen readers.” - Krista McGee, Inspy Award winning author of First Date and Starring Me
"Meg D. Gonzalez gives us a vivid look at life for an American teenager in Mexico and an even clearer picture of what happens when you decide to embrace who God made you to be. No matter what. Great first novel. Great read." - Nancy Rue, Christy Award winning author of the Real Life
Cheery bells push at the fog of my sleep. I must still be dreaming. For seventeen years, no bells have chimed outside my window. It faces a cornfield. With a slow roll to my side, I nuzzle my pillows and will myself to return to the dream world in which such music plays. Light dances across my eyelids and nudges me to wake, but it’s summer. I refuse to get up before Mom makes me. The chimes fade, and my hand searches the cotton covers for Shelby, my supersized puppy, who inhabits one side of my bed. Her lazy kisses usually help me fall right back to— I bolt upright in bed, adrenaline pounding through my system. A grin splits my face. The bells. I know why there are bells. I’m in Mexico.
Meg D. Gonzalez is a tea-sipping, adventure-seeking, pug-loving kind of girl. She’s crazy for God and wants to share His love with awesome young women around the globe. She started her first novel at the age of fourteen (it will never see the light of day and that’s best for everyone), but her writing really came alive two years ago after she moved to Mexico. The crazy, wonderful people and culture she encountered inspired the story of Sketchy Tacos. When she’s not writing, she’s learning to play video games with her husband (she’s horrible), taking hikes in beautiful parks with her pug Pascal, crocheting, and watching way too much TV.
- $50 Amazon Gift Card or Paypal Cash
- Ends 3/5/17
- Open only to those who can legally enter, receive and use an Amazon.com Gift Code or Paypal Cash. Winning Entry will be verified prior to prize being awarded.
- No purchase necessary.
- You must be 18 or older to enter or have your parent enter for you.
- The winner will be chosen by rafflecopter and announced here as well as emailed and will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen.
- This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Twitter, Rafflecopter or any other entity unless otherwise specified.
- The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- Giveaway was organized by Kathy from I Am A Reader and sponsored by the author.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.