Sunday, June 12, 2016

Sunday Post #60 and Stacking the Shelves June 12th, 2016


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted  @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme.  How is summer still busier than school?!  I feel like I have no time to blog still!  I have had lots of reading time though, so I guess that is good.  Anyway, let's get on with my post for this past week.

Last week on the blog:
This week, I read/listened to an audiobook that gave me an incredible hangover. That has totally given me what I think will probably be my all-time boyfriend over any other, probably because even though I love Daemon Black the most, Daemon is an alien, so not real.  Nate, from Before Jamaica Lane by Samantha Young, is a "real" guy.  So yeah, that's my book boyfriend, maybe kind of the guy I'm looking for in real life!  
I started my new exercise goal of three times a week this past week.  Made it so far!  Even though I had to rearrange the days when I got called into work one day.  I didn't get in to work in my library as much as I wanted this past week, but I'm going to try to get in there more this next week.  So much I want to do.  Not sure what all I'm going to get done though.
I didn't do as good as I keep saying I'm going to do with downloading free books.  But I did do good with e-galleys, I think.  And this weekend was fun with B-Fest at Barnes and Noble.  I got to kind of be a big part of running it at the store where I work since I am kind of the "Queen of the Teen Department". Today I got to meet two cool,  young authors at the B-Fest.  Both are local to Kansas City, at the moment.  I got some great writing tips, as I hope the teens who were there did as well!  Here I am with Shannon Thompson and Sarah White. 
   
 
Coming up this week on the blog:
  • Book Tours:  My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows (although I still haven't read it and need to!), Race Girl (The Go Girls Chronicles #3) by Leigh Hutton, Mr. Jones and Me by Lindsay Marie Miller
  • Waiting on Wednesday
  • Review:  Slammed by Colleen Hoover
  • Cover Characteristic:  arrows
  • Possible reviews:  Free New Adult e-books
I don't have a lot of reviews planned this week, a lot of tours though!  But even though my goal is two a week, I figure I've been doing a lot more than that each week, so I'll give myself a break.  Also, I'll do my three times of walking this week, the plan is Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  Next weekend will be Father's Day, so I'll be busy with that.  And also starting to get ready for my vacation in two weeks to Fort Collins, Colorado.  Which I'm planning as a writing retreat.  


Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.  It is a way for us to share the new books we have collected.  I'm not doing as good as I should, but hey, I had to buy the books for the authors that were coming to the bookstore for B-Fest today.  

Physical books:
The top one, The Hawkweed Prophecy is an ARC I got at the bookstore where I work. The bottom one is a stripped cover copy of Lailah, which I heard was really good, and I got at the bookstore where I work.


Before Jamaica Lane is the audiobook I was mentioning earlier that I still have a hangover from reading.  I had to buy it right away so I can open it to any page and read about my new book boyfriend Nate.  Rome was the last audiobook I'd listened to before that one, and now I have to have both of these two also for the NOLA Story Con in September.  The third one is another bargain book by an author that I've heard is a good one!


The top three books are the Timely Death trilogy by Shannon A. Thompson, and I'm almost done with all three.  They're really good!  The one on the bottom is Chasing Merlin by Sarah White.  And I can't wait to read it too!

Egalleys:
-->


  
Both of these are from Edelweiss.
 
-->


This one is from Netgalley.

Free or Cheap ebooks:

-->














  My Kindle Unlimited free trial subscription ended this week, so I was able to read these four below for free, but I no longer have them.

-->





  This was a great series!  Can't wait to review it!

So those are the books I added to my shelves, both real and virtual.  What did you add to your collection this week?