Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: Tell the Wind and Fire by Sarah Rees Brennan

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where we spotlight upcoming releases that we're eagerly awaiting.   I've actually picked a standalone book this week, or at least it is not a sequel, not sure if it will be the first in a new series or anything.  I picked it by the fact that it is by an author that I just adore, Sarah Rees Brennan.  I loved her Lynburn Legacy series, and I got to meet her at the Romantic Times convention in Kansas City in 2013.  And let me tell you, she is just so much fun to watch and see how she interacts with the other authors and fans.  So I am pretty much into any book she writes these days, and I was thrilled to find this one one Goodreads.  Here is the blurb, which isn't much for now, but enough:

Tell the Wind & Fire is about a young girl called Lucie who lives in a New York very different from the New York we know: the city is torn between two very different kinds of magic, and Lucie’s own family was torn apart years ago by that conflict. Lucie wears magic rings and carries a burden of guilt she can’t share with anyone.

The light in her life is her sweetheart boyfriend Ethan, but it turns out Ethan has a secret too: a soulless doppelganger created by dark magic, who has to conceal the face identical to Ethan’s with a hood fastened by a collar nobody but a Light magician with magical rings can take off… and who introduces himself to both of them by, for reasons nobody can understand, saving Ethan’s life…



Hmm, I think it sounds interesting.  A soulless doppelganger boyfriend?  Magic, etc., New York, two different worlds.  I'm all in, especially for the wonderful characters and dialogue that I know Sarah Rees Brennan will create.  The bad thing?  It's not expected publication until 2016!!!

So, how about you, what are you eagerly anticipating this week?