Monday, July 20, 2015

Stacking the Shelves - July 20th, 2015

Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.  It is a way for us to share the new books we have collected.  Once again I've had a busy couple of weekends, so this will be a compilation of the last two weeks.  Plus, I'm a day later than I usually like to post this, but Sunday was just pretty busy for me.  I've got a lot to share this week.  And I've really gotten into the #booksfortrade on Twitter.  Trying to get more involved on the web site as well as the group on Goodreads.  

Physical books:










The first 5 were all through the Books for Trade.  Lois Land: Fallout I had to buy, just had to have it!  The Write Stuff and Innocence are books I also bought.  The first one for some good writing prompts, one that already turned into a great scene for my story for this Novembers NaNoWriMo.  I have already read the Dean Koontz, but when I saw it in our bargain books, a hardcover for $5.98, and I didn't have it on my shelf at home, I had to purchase it.  The last book was a surprise ARC from the publisher.  

 Ebooks/Egalleys:












 The first three above are for reviews, the others are all free or cheap ebooks. 

I also was bad and just stopped by the library and picked up some sequels I need to read.





I got the egalley of the book after Sanctum, so I had to read that. And then I never got an egalley for Unleashed, but when I saw it at the library I just grabbed it.  

So, what did you add to your shelves this week?

26 comments:

  1. Ohh... Did I read NaNoWrimo??? Whohoooo! How exciting. Can you give me a hint? What is it about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, after I finished last year, I kind of got excited to try again this year. My story is a YA, kind of science fiction, about teens at a science summer camp that find some interesting things in their project.

      Delete
  2. Innocence is a great novel! Obsidian as well is a favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already read Innocence, just didn't own it! Needed to own all the Dean Koontz books. Can't wait to read Obsidian!

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful book haul. Can't wait to see what you think of Innocence by Dean Koontz. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straighforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already read Innocence, and it was pretty good. Just had to own it! :-)

      Delete
  4. I loved Pawn, Obsidian, Mortal Danger, Grasping at Eternity! I hope you enjoy all of your new books :)

    Have a lovely week!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait till I can get to read them! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Great books this week. I am especially excited about expelled

    I hope you enjoy these pretties :) Happy Reading!

    Here's my Weekly Wrap Up

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I can't decide if I should slip Expelled in when I finish a book, or if I should wait and read it later. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  6. You have some great books here, and with some very eye-catching covers, too! Enjoy them and thanks for stopping by our blog! ~ Bel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait till I can get to them all. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Wow what a huge selection of books! I do hope you have fun reading them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the TBR pile grows and grows. :-) Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  8. So many books! Pawn is amazing btw!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the Goddess Test series so can't wait to finally read Pawn. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. Wow, great haul! I really enjoyed Pawn (and Captive, its sequel!), and I liked Champion as well! Hope you enjoy all these new books, and have a fabulous week :)

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I am just now getting a hold of it. But I loved her other series, so can't wait to read it. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. Loved all your additions! Quite a few are on my tbr, but I have read Champion (really liked), Obsidian (liked, but the second book made me not want to read the rest of the series), and 15 Minutes (not what I was expecting, but edge-of-your-seat kind of book and good). I need to read Unleashed too. Thanks for stopping by and have a great book!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine not liking a JLA book the way I've read them so far. But will have to see! Glad to hear 15 Minutes was a good read. Thanks for returning the stop!

      Delete
  11. Off the Page has such a pretty cover!! It makes me want to read that and Between the Lines..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're such great books! I think you should give them a try. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  12. I'd like to read Sanctum, and a bunch of others you got! Great haul. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I liked the first one, can't wait to read on. Thanks for returning the stop.

      Delete
  13. Unleashed and also Queen of Someday are some books I wish I had as well! I have read Obsidian and I found it to be a pretty good book as my first one by JLA, but I was still hoping for something more. I am going to try the sequel though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got it the other day, can't wait to read it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I love to get comments and I read them all! If you leave a link in your comment, I just might visit you back.