MissionThe catastrophe the read-a-thon is centered around is the TBR Catastrophe! To help solve it we are going to be reading books that have been on our TBRs for too long.
Dates14th – 28th of February. Two weeks of reading!
HashtagYou can use this hashtag on Twitter, bookstagram or booktube if you’re sharing or participating on those sites! The hashtag is #catreadathon
Reading PromptsYou can read whatever you want, but here are 7 reading challenges to keep you busy.
- Read your oldest unread book
- Read a 400+ tome
- Cover Buy
- So old you don’t know where it’s from
- An author you know and love
- A new to you author
- A hyped book
- Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
- Rabbit and Robot by Andrew Smith
- Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley
- Okay, so there aren't any books I don't know where they came from. Instead I'll just pick one from a series I need/want to read on in: Riot by Jamie Shaw
- Moonlight Sins by Jennifer L. Armentrout - didn't know if I'd read this one, but now I really want to after reading about the newest book in the series.
- Hot Winter Nights by Codi Gary - it's a short book that I want to check out!
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, I've owned it for a while. Even accidentally bought a new copy of it when it came out with a pink/red cover instead of the original green one. So yeah, I need to read it.
There are some blog challenges too, I am going to maybe join into these:
16th: 400+ Tomes: Show us the top 5 big books on your TBR.
18th: Cover Buy Discussion: Do covers matter? Show us some bad books with pretty covers and great books with ugly covers.
20th: Can’t remember where it came from: Tell us where you buy your books and why there?
22nd: Author you know and love: Show us books by your favourite authors you have yet to read!
24th: New to you authors: Show us books on your TBR by authors you’ve never read before!
26th: The Hype Discussion: Are you more or less likely to pick up a book when it is hyped? What hyped books did you like/not like?
28th: Wrap Up: Share your wrap up of the read-a-thon.
There is a Bookstagram challenge. I'm not great about keeping up with those, but it would be fun to try.