Monday, October 2, 2017

Review: Kiss Me in New York by Catherine Rider

Book info:
Title:   Kiss Me in New York 
Author:  Catherine Rider
Genre:  YA contemporary romance
Release Date:  October 3rd, 2017
Publisher:  KCP Loft
Source:  ARC from publisher for honest review
My rating:  5 stars

Synopsis:
It's Christmas Eve at JFK in NYC.

Charlotte is a British student, waiting for a flight home after the worst semester of her life. Anthony is a native New Yorker, surprising his girlfriend at the airport after three months apart. Charlotte has just been dumped, and Anthony is about to be dumped, right in the middle of the holiday crowd. 

Charlotte's flight is canceled when a blizzard blows in, and Anthony can't bear to go home. So, they set out into the city together, clutching a book Charlotte picks up in the airport gift shop: Ten Easy Steps for Getting Over Your Ex. For this one night, they'll focus on healing their broken hearts ... together. 

Step-by-step, the two struggle to put the past behind them. But the snow is so enchanting, and the holiday lights are so beguiling, that soon their shared misery gives way to something else. Soon, they're not only over their exes --- they're falling for each other. 

Then a subway ride splits them up by mistake. Will they reunite before Charlotte's flight leaves New York forever?


My Review:
An adorably sweet story!  One of my favorite types of romances is when we got both points of view, every other chapter basically.  And this book does that perfectly.  The fun part is when at the beginning you think Charlotte has met Anthony, and you're like, wait, not that guy, right?  It made me happy to know that wasn't Anthony. Even though Anthony wasn't really my favorite at first for how he acted toward her.  But you had to give him a break, I mean, he'd just been dumped, very publicly.  

I loved how the story followed the two as they tried to complete each step in the book about how to get over a break-up.   I adored the "mistake" they made.  There's also a theory that Anthony has about dreams and alternate realities/universes that makes so much sense to me!  The whole explanation, yeah, I get it, and I like it!  Since I remember my dreams so vividly, it made me see them differently when I woke up the last two days since I finished the book.  It was also fun to read about the different places in New York City and remember the ones that I've actually had the chance to visit in person.