Saturday, January 11, 2014

Stacking the Shelves - January 11th, 2014


Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.  It is a way for us to share the new books we have collected.  I'm doing this today because I have to work tomorrow at my part time job, plus, maybe, just maybe, if I get a bunch of reading done today and tomorrow, I can actually do a review of the book I'm reading.  I hope.  This week I got a physical ARC in the mail, one that made me squeal with excitement!!

ARC:


When the author of the Ashfall series, Mike Mullin, posted on Facebook about emailing his agent at Tanglewood Press for an ARC of the finale in the Ashfall series, Sunrise, I immediately did just that.  Then the book came in the mail on Wednesday, and when I opened the manila envelope in my car, I squealed out loud with excitement!!  Can't wait to read it.

Free e-book:


This was an e-novella that went along with an e-galley I read earlier this week.  Now, it was only like 20 pages, so it was something I thought should be free.  You can read my review of it HERE.  

E-book/novella purchased:


Downloaded this short story that goes with the last Dean Koontz book I read, Innocence.  I think this is a prequel to that book.  Which I'm interested to read more about the main character and his past.

So really, not a ton of things this week, but I did request several e-galleys from Edelweiss that I'm waiting on, so that will come later.  And this was an awesome week with this awesome ARC I got!!  So what have you added to your bookshelf this week?

20 comments:

  1. Nice haul! And awesome that you got an ARC!
    Hope you enjoy reading it.

    Mariska
    New follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been so many more e-galleys lately that I love when I get an actual physical ARC. Thanks for stopping by and following!

      Delete
  2. Happy reading and thanks for stopping by my blog earlier :)

    - Deb @ Deb's Crazy Obsession

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, thanks for returning the favor!

      Delete
  3. Great haul! I just got Ashfall and Ashen Winter for Christmas and I can't wait to read those two! I hope you enjoy all your books :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a great series! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I'll stop by your STS as well!

      Delete
  4. Great books! I've been wanting to read Sunrise! Your so lucky! I wish I would of seen Mike Mullin's Facebook about emailing his agent! I would of been quick to email him! Oh, well that's life...lol! :) Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by my STS @Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it was one of those times I was glad that my Facebook scroll was doing what it was supposed to do so that I saw the newest stuff first! Thanks for returning the comment!

      Delete
  5. I have a copy of Ashfall, but haven't had a chance to start it yet. SO I'm excited to see you got the conclusion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll be able to read them all at once probably then, and won't have to wait a year in between each! Lucky! :-) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Hope you enjoy Sunrise, thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read it! Thanks for returning the comment favor!

      Delete
  7. That's so awesome that you got the ARC you really wanted! I've had that happen...ohmygosh, books make me SO happy! It might be ridiculous, but I don't care! I've squeaked so high when I got a book I so wanted. Happy reading! :) My StS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I love about book bloggers, we all understand each other and do the same things when we get excited over books! Thanks for stopping by and I'll check out your STS as well!

      Delete
  8. Happy Reading! If you'd like, you can stop by my STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will! Thanks for checking out my STS as well!

      Delete
  9. YAY for getting awesome ARCs!! It really is the best feeling when they come in the mail!
    Hope you will enjoy Sunrise! I have the whole series up for my series challenge this year!
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be finishing it for my series challenge, and I'll be able to get some points I think because I did review the other two. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. Oh wow! I am so excited for Sunrise!!! I hope you enjoy all your reads:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a WOW for me last year, so it was awesome that I got it!! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I love to get comments and I read them all! If you leave a link in your comment, I just might visit you back.