Tuesday, May 3, 2011

2011 Debut Author Challenge 8: Wildefire by Karsten Knight




From signing up on a website to get free egalleys which are ARCs, I've learned that I probably shouldn't blog about books so far ahead of their release date. But I'm going to go ahead with this one since I just finished it and want to share how much I enjoyed it.








I haven't read the Goddess Test, although this was compared as being better on Goodreads, but now I will have to read it. The basic story is that all gods and goddesses do die, but they are immortal because they will be reborn to live again. The drawback is that they are not born with their memories, they have to rediscover who they are all over again.








The book starts out with the main character, Ashline Wilde fighting another girl at school over her cheating boyfriend. I must admit that this beginning did not really grab me, because I'm not really into the whole fighting thing. But the story is great. Her sister, Eve, shows up and really causes problems, making even more violence. It ends up that Ash transfers to a small private school in California to get away from the mess. Yet, for some reason, many other gods and goddesses have shown up at this school. There is a reason, one of the students is a Siren who has called them all here. Ash and her sister Eve were adopted, and both have dreams about a younger version of them, possible another sister. While Ash and her friends are learning about their powers, as well as trying to have normal high school lives with romance, sports, and classes, Eve comes back as well as other enemies.








I'm pretty sure there will be a sequel, it left off in a way that was so shocking! I was going to be really ticked at the end, won't tell you why, let you read it, but then something happened that my jaw dropped and I was suddenly upset that this book wasn't even published yet because now I have forever to wait until a sequel comes out! Great story! It will probably be one of my staff recommendations at the bookstore I work at, but not till the end of July. :-(