Friday, January 20, 2012

Feature and Follow Friday #1


Feature and Follow Friday is a joint effort between bloggers to increase your blog following it is hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.This week's question is:
What's the craziest thing you've ever done to get your hands on a book?
Hmm, this is a hard one.  The craziest thing I can think of is standing in line for hours to get a book at a midnight release.  I've probably done crazier things to try to meet awesome authors!  One of my favorites I follow on Twitter and I know she's from NYC, so when I went to NYC for the 1st time to visit my sister, I just tweeted and asked if she might want to meet me somewhere so I could get her authograph and meet her, and she did!  Turns out we hit it off pretty well, many things in common, and she has hung out with my sister a few times.  One time I found out last minute about an author that was going to be coming to Kansas City, and it was on a day I was out of town taking the Praxis to get another teaching certification, and I decided spur of the moment to call and reserve a spot and drove straight from where I was taking the test to the location to meet the author.  So, that's the craziest things I can think of.

While you're here, why don't you check out my 300 followers in January giveaway?  Guess I'm going to have to find a new way to get followers after this month any way if GFC is going to quit.  But for now, come and sign up and help me get to 300 followers in January!

So, what is the craziest thing you've ever done?