Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 Challenge Wrap Up

I really only participated in one real challenge, and that was The Story Siren's Debut Author Challenge.  I did also set a goal on Goodreads to read 100 books this year, and I did, although I actually read more than that because I'm not sure I counted books I'd already read on there, but anyway.  I did meet the Debut Author Challenge, and here are the books I read:
XVI by Julia Karr
Across the Universe by Beth Revis
Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
Wither by Lauren DeStefano
Divergent by Veronica Roth
Blood Red Road by Moira Young
Entwined by Heather Dixon
Wildefire by Karsten Knight
Ashfall by Mike Mullin
Spellbound by Cara Lynn Shultz (My favorite debut author, AND I got to meet her!)
Those That Wake by Jesse Karp
Dark Parties by Sara Grant

My goal was to read 12, and I did, but there were also several more that I read that I didn't necessarily include, like The Magnolia League by Katie Crouch, Deviant by Adrian McKinty, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs, Blood Magic by Tessa Gratton, and Cinder and Ella by Melissa Lemon.

Hopefully I'll get my challenges done this year.  My TBR Pile Reading Challenge, and the A-Z Book Challenge.  I wonder if I can set a new goal on Goodreads?  I'm thinking to set it at 125 for this year.  Not to overdo it.  Plus, I'll be reading manuscripts for a new publishing company that should be putting out its first books this fall, so can't quite count those yet.  So, did you meet your reading goals and challenges this year?