Friday, April 16, 2010

Drumroll please, and the 100th post is: Your Big Break by Johanna Edwards


Kinda wish I had a more spectacular book that I just loved and could gush over for my 100th post, but oh well.


Your Big Break was my latest chick lit book. It was pretty good, but not the best. The main character is Dani, she works for a company called Your Big Break, Inc. This company offers services such as breaking up with a loved one, or even helping you quit a job. Of course a lot of the guys Dani has to break up with seem to be pretty nice guys, one in particular. However, as you can imagine, one of the main rules is that you can't get personally involved. Dani always seems to get personally involved in some way or other, and tends to kind of be a matchmaker.


The bad thing is that a new client comes in, and wants to dump her married boyfriend, who turns out to be Dani's dad. So Dani is now learning her parents' marriage isn't quite what she'd always thought.


It was a pretty predictable book, and a quick read. I think the other book by this author, How to Be Cool, was better. But it was one that I did want to finish, unlike the one I currently have sitting to read, called the Dating Game. Not sure I'm going to read much more of that. I have finally decided that if it's not good in the first few chapters, then pass it on, because I have so many "to-read" books, shouldn't waste time on it.