But, I also hate not posting a couple times a week, so to keep it going, I'm participating in this, and the topic I missed, that I've chosen to cover is:
The top ten characters (and literary figures) that I'd name my children after
I decided this would be fun, because there is one name I've always wanted to name a girl if I ever had kids. Well, a name I've really liked for the past 15 or so years that is, so without further ado, here is my list!
- Buffy from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, part of the reason is because it is so unusual, there aren't any people named Buffy anymore, or at least it is not a common name. And, the other reason, Buffy was just cool. My favorite tv show ever probably, besides The Big Bang Theory and The X-Files. (I count it as a literary character/figure because I have all the books, and there are comic books!)
- From the same series, BTVS, for a boy, I now love the name Xander. And it has to be spelled with an "X" not a "Z" because it is short for Alexander. Not that I'd do anything but the Xander part. I'd never heard it done before, always Alex, until that show. But now of course, I know someone I worked with at B&N with a kid with that name, and I currently have a student that goes by Xander.
- And because I'm one of those lame Twi-hards, I do love Bella.
- Along the Twilight line, I like Cullen. I know it is a last name, but I think it would make a neat name for a boy. I've actually had a student with that name, but it was spelled with an "a" at the end instead of an "e".
- From the book and tv series North and South, I have also loved the name Ashton. For a girl. I wanted to name a girl Ashton Leigh, then she could be "Ashleigh" for short. Of course then Ashton Kutcher came along, and I'd be afraid people would think that's where my name came from.
- From Gone With the Wind, I also love Katie Scarlett. I loved Scarlett O'Hara, and so would love to use that name.
- I know for awhile I really liked the name Elizabeth, and kind of wanted to pretend that was my name, because of all the nicknames you could get from it. I think I got the name from Elizabeth Wakefield in the Sweet Valley High Series.
- Okay, starting to have to think to come up with some. I do kind of like Clary from City of Bones. It's unusual enough that it would be neat to have.
- I think I'm skipping boy names, so I'll go back to Gone With the Wind and choose Rhett. I've never known anyone with that name, and how cool would it be?
- I can't think of any more! So I'll leave it at 9.
So, what about you? Do you have 10 character names you would use for your children?