This week's Top Ten is the authors you'd like to meet. There are more than 10 for me as well, but I'll stick to 10. And there are some I've already met, so I won't include them, even though earlier they would have been on my list.
1. Stephen King: I've loved his books since I began reading them my freshman year of high school. I've also enjoyed reading the articles he did for Entertainment Weekly magazine, even when I disagreed with him.
2. Dean Koontz: I have been reading his books for a long time as well. At least since high school. I love his attachment to his dog, Trixie at first. I loved the dogs in his stories. I would love to sit down and just talk to him about dogs.
3. Maureen Johnson. I discovered her when I began following her on Twitter. Then I read her books. She is hilarious! I think she would just be a ton of fun to hang out with.
4. Nancy Holder. I have been reading her books since the Buffy the Vampire Series books and love the way she captured the characters as well as wrote the stories.
5. Robert McCammon. Another author that I have read almost all of his books, except for the ones written in the past 5 or so years.
6. James Rollins. I think his original books were great, although I've gotten quite a bit behind in his Sigma Force books.
7. Maggie Stiefvater. Although, I should be getting to meet her on July 27th! So I may get to cross that off soon!
8. Charlaine Harris. I love the Sookie Stackhouse books, and would love to just sit and talk to her about how she comes up with her characters.
9. Laurie Halse Anderson. When I read her book Speak, you could say it spoke to me personally as I had a similar experience during my college years. I wonder if she's had the experience herself, or how she was able to write about such an experience and hit it the feelings right on the head.
10. Robin Wasserman. I love her books as well, and would love to again sit down with her and ask her how she came up with her stories.
Authors I've already met include: Stephenie Meyer, Jasper Fforde, Ellen Hopkins, Rick Riordan, Heather Brewer, Jay Asher, Meg Cabot, Veda Boyd Jones, Cheryl Harness, Carolyn Mulford, Roland Smith, Marie Smith, and James Howe. I wish I could have had more time with Stephenie Meyer and Meg Cabot though.
Authors I talk to on Twitter that are also on my list include (in no particular order): Melissa Marr, Cassandra Clare, Carrie Ryan, Rebecca Stead, Sarah Rees Brennan, Barry Lyga, Libba Bray, Beth Revis, Cara Lynn Schultz, Ally Condie, Andrea Cremer, Christoper Golden, Joe Hill, Becca Fitzpatrick, Sarah Mlynowski, Ally Carter, Scott Westerfeld, RL Stine, Lisa McMann, Jo Knowles, Judy Blume, Alyson Noel
Okay, I'm going to stop now. I really would like to meet all my favorite authors if truth be known.