Monday, May 17, 2010

The Diamond of Darkhold by Jeanne DuPrau


I've actually had this book sitting in the bathroom in my 2nd bedroom since shortly after it was published about 2 years ago. This is the fourth book in the City of Ember series. It was about as good as the other ones. I think that maybe I've been reading a lot more teen as opposed to young reader books lately, and so it seemed quite simple to me and made it harder to get through. That is one of the reasons that I hope to read for the Gateway list next year, although I wouldn't mind reading for the Truman list as well. But the Mark Twain list gets more difficult to read for as most of my 7th graders are reading well above that level. Oh well. This was an interesting conclusion to the series. Not sure how well it will lead into another book, but who knows!!