Saturday, October 8, 2016

Review: Deity (Covenant #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Book info:
TitleDeity  
Author:  Jennifer L. Armentrout
SeriesCovenant #3  
Genre:  YA/NA Paranormal
Published:  October 31st, 2012
Source:  Purchased book myself

I am again so in love with JLA's books.  And this series is really getting me as well.  I am totally Team Seth, although I am sure that Alex will end up with Aiden, no matter how wrong it is for them right now.  If you haven't read the first books in the series, then you should probably stop here, and go back and read my reviews of book 1 - Covenant or book 2 -  Pure. There will be spoilers for those two books below.  But if you're up to date, go ahead and read on!

At the end of the last book, Alexandria had found out that she was in trouble, that she was also an Apollyon like Seth, and that someone was out to kill her, probably because of what having two Apollyons meant for the Pure-bloods.  Seth seems to be trying to speed up her Awakening, even though it isn't that far off with her birthday coming up.  The more times she spends with Seth though, the closer they seem to get.  And every time she gets another mark from Seth.  But it turns out that Seth has been keeping things from her, and in the end, Aiden will still be there for her.  Although Pures and Halfs are not supposed to be together, there are those out there who think that is wrong, and are looking past any hints of something going on between Aiden and Alex.  Someone will betray Alex and those who are protecting her, and again she will be put in danger.  The god Apollo will show that he wants to help with the whole situation.  Connecting with the First, Seth, would cause things to happen that Alex does not want to be a part of, and so she must try to figure out a way to stay away from him.  Of course Seth has other plans, and does his best to plan for every possible thing that could go wrong.  

The ending is definitely one that leaves you needing to go on.  Not that I've had a chance, but I do have a copy of the book on my TBR shelf.  And I am ready to move on!  Once again I highly recommend this book by JLA.  Also, I have to share my picture from meeting her last weekend at NOLA StoryCon.