Monday, September 23, 2013

Stacking the Shelves September 23rd, 2013


Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.  It is a way for us to share the new books we have collected.  Posting a little later than normal this week, but I've got a few things to share!

Purchased:






The first one I finally broke down and bought as an e-book from Amazon.  Doesn't seem like I can find a hard copy, and the e-book was pretty cheap.  The 2nd one I've already read, but it was an e-galley, and I didn't have a copy.  So I had to get one last week because I thought the author might show up with Maggie Stiefvater last Tuesday, which she didn't.  But now I have the book, so that is cool.

Won:


I won a copy of this from Books As You Know It during the Debut Author tour featuring the author, Mary Gray.

E-galleys from Netgalley:





I had promised myself I wouldn't ask for more e-galleys unless they were authors or series I knew I wanted to read for sure.  But, I saw these on Netgalley, and they sounded so good, I had to request them.  And I got permission to download them.

ARCS received from Shelf Awareness Giveaways:





I've always been a fan of Egyptian mythology and history.  So when I saw this book in the Shelf Awareness newsletter, I had to request a copy.  The 2nd book is the 3rd in a series that I've wanted to read for awhile, a series that I actually  haven't started reading yet.  So, guess I'll have to go check out the first two from the library!

ARC received from the bookstore where I work part-time:


I used to watch You Can't Do That on Television" when I was a kid, and so when I saw this book sitting on the table at work to be read, I had to grab it so that I could read through and relive those memories.  

So tell me what you got added to your shelves this week!